“Great spot in LA”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Great spot in LA”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My wife and I were on vacation and needed a nice and quiet place to stay.

What a great new little hotel. Extremely friendly staff and breakfast is included.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms have a nice view across the freeway to the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 3, 2011

this hotel employs housekeeping that take your belongings... then the hotel accuses you of leaving valuable in he room ..it was a hair straigtener cost 120.00 the hotel did nothing we even made a police report and all the manager could say was speak to the police then accused me of yelling..yes im yelling your are not taking care of your guest you are defending a thief in your company.....why would we lie about a hair striaghtner being missing when we hd a lap top on the desk come on people at fairfied wake up and smell the coffee oh and fix your elevators two days in a row we had to walk 3 flight of stairs cause you couldnt get them fixed... and we payed for 5 days and on the second day they checked us out and our key did not work wow who is in charge of this place? never use his hotel..

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank viper1998
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Feedback from our guests is always welcome and of significant value. We strive to maintain high standards of which you have every right to expect at Fairfield Inn & Suites.

I was very distressed to learn of the loss you sustained while you were a guest in our hotel and I apologize for this unfortunate occurrence. However, we do provide and encourage the use of safety deposit boxes for storing your valuables. I understand your frustration but I assure you we have completed a full investigation and we have strict policies in place. Your hair straighter was not recovered at our Fairfield Inn & Suites. We do not hire thieves; our team is dedicated and committed to guest privacy and security. I can assure you that if there was any reason to believe contrary, it would be handled immediately. Accusations can be made but unless there is proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt to a moral certainty I cannot accuse any one of my team members. After your voice escalated we did advise you that the authorities may be able to assist you better. We have closed the investigation and assisted the local authorities in any way possible.

Furthermore, I am sorry about your inconvenience as a result of the slower elevator. Our engineering department does perform regular preventive maintenance to ensure our high levels of service and on the day of your arrival is when this was taking place for appx. 2 hours. We did have a guest letter in each guest room to inform our travelers of possible delay. We also had an extra bellman on duty to assist. I was hoping that the delay on one of our two elevators did not displace our guests. However my team is always more than willing to assist you with your luggage or anything else you may need.

I would like to express my appreciation for bringing these matters to my attention. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and feedback such as you have provided is of great value to us. This allows us to insure and improve the quality of service we offer future guests and it is my sincere hope that you will be among them.

Cordially At Hand,
Christina M. Belvedere
uk
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My kids want a pool -- Check
I want a decent hotel, with easy access to LA -- Check
Courteous, knowledgable staff. Clean comfortable facilites. What more could you want from a "budget" brand

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank UkSimjon
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff takes candid guest comments such as yours very seriously due to the great value they hold.

Our entire team is proud of the product and service we offer and we all hold much pride when a family has enjoyed their experience at our property. Our staff is committed to the Hospitality Movement and we would love for you to come back and stay again the next time you are in town.

Again, the comments from our guests are of great value to us and we are always looking to improve our level of service and the overall enhancement of the guest experience.

-Christina Belvedere, GM
West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Beautiful, new property. Gorgeous bathroom. Well-located off the freeway. Close to many restaurants. However, I cannot understand WHY they chose to use double/full size beds rather than queens. The rooms are spacious but there is 10 feet of wasted space at the end - no chair or table or any piece of furniture. I would not stay here again simply because a family of four cannot comfortably sleep in two full size beds. What a shame......

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TDR2011
It was with mixed emotions with which I read your review. While feedback from our guests is always welcome and of significant value, I was disturbed by our failure to meet the high standards we strive to maintain and of which you have every right to expect at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott.

Clearly, a comfortable bed is a fundamental service you should expect at ANY hotel. I realize how inconvenient it must have been with a family of four in two double beds. The comfort of our guests is of primary importance to us and I do hope you decide to return with your family. From your review it looks like everything else was great except the size of the beds. My team and I are always trying to find ways to make sure each and every guest has a personalized and exceptional guest experience.

In an effort to regain your confidence and to demonstrate our concern for guest satisfaction, I hope you will contact me at the property and I will be more than happy to offer a solution I believe will accommodate your family of four just fine. Please be assured that should you decide to accept this offer that no amount of effort will be spared to provide you with the first class service and hospitality for which the Fairfield Inn & Suites, West Covina is famous.

-Christina Belvedere, GM
lindsay, ca
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel worked perfectly for our family trip! It is hard to find a nice room to accommodate five of us! My three kids, husband and I slept comfortably in the two beds plus pull out sofabed. The hotel was conveniently located so that we were able to catch a Dodger game, visit Santa Monica and shop at the Grove. It of course was very clean. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel! The only downfall was that I left a tip for housekeeping to leave us a few extra towels and even though the tip was taken, towels were not left. Although she did do a great job tidying up! We will visit this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank radoki
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your visit. We are all very happy you enjoyed your time in Southern California and at our property. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment in regards to the extra towels. Your comments have been shared with the managers of all departments and all team members so we can avoid this from happening again.

There is certainly no excuse for our inability to provide extra towels. We have an excellent director of housekeeping who has already taken action to make sure every team member is committed to the guest experience.

I would like to express my appreciation for bringing this matter to our attention. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and feedback such as you have provided is of great value to us. This allows us to insure and improve the quality of service we offer future guests and it is my sincere hope that you will be among them.

-Christina M. Belvedere, GM
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is by far the best Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed at. Beautiful design for a hotel. I felt relaxed and was able to have a goodnight sleep. I gotta say...best bed I have ever slept on. The staff there was extremely helpful & hospitable! They attend to every need my family & I had. The management team is also very helpful and made us feel right at home. One of the managers Cecilia, went out of her way to give my children pool toys so they could also enjoy their time there. I will definitely stay at your property again!
Thank you Fairfield team!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank alucard1829
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,055 helpful votes
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The staff were excellent here! They all wore uniforms - even the maintenance crew (which they referred to as "engineers" instead of maintenance which I thought was very respectful!). The front desk wore suits & ties. Very, very professional. The hotel is new - opened in April 2011. We stayed in a king suite for a week & loved it! It had 2 tvs, sofa, chair, dresser, desk w/ chair, stereo system, frig, micro. A very clean room & the housekeeping did an exceptional job daily!

The breakfast area was fairly small, so we ended up eating breakfast in our room for most of the week. The selection was limited but good. Quiche, bacon-egg-cheese biscuit, variety of yogurts, fresh bananas & apples, oatmeal which you could top with raisins or walnuts, 2 flavors muffins, bagels, breads, etc. The set up made for long lines because most off the food was in or next to the frig but so was the microwave, so people were standing in front of the micro to cook their biscuit or quiche and others could not get to the frig for milk, or the basket for a banana or the juice machine since they were all on the same counter which was the small part of an L shaped countertop so with the counter extending to the left - there was no room for people to even stand to the side. A bad set up.

The pool was itty bitty tiny! Smallest pool we have ever, ever seen! It was nice but too small. The hot tub was warm, powerful and amazing though!

During our entire stay, everyone made us feel welcomed and wanted at their hotel. They were gracious and grateful that we were guests & very formal and respectable. They treated everyone like royalty. What an amazing staff!

We enjoyed this hotel and was sad when it was time to leave for home.

Room Tip: ask for a suite!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina? Share your experiences!