Review Highlights
Beautiful California State Park

What a lovely park to go exploring through and it is free! Highlights are the Avenue of the Giants... read more

Reviewed today
Mmarymomm
Pleasanton, California
via mobile
Avenue of the Giants should NOT be missed

This iconic thirty one mile drive is surreal. The road weaves through the giant Redwoods and you... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Culture817825
via mobile

All reviews visitor center state park hidden springs humboldt redwoods bull creek founders grove eel river bucket list big trees loop trail awe inspiring amazing trees mile drive tallest trees take your time easy hike fallen trees
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I liked the cool shade of the redwoods and amazing trees. I really would have liked some tables. The only day-use area was closed when we were there.

1  Thank Marilyn R
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We camped at Albee Creek during a weekend in the Humboldt Redwoods. We loved everything about it! We camped at site 25, which bordered the meadow and was close to the restrooms. My husband and I loved the hiking trails from the campground. Very few people were on the trail, which made exploring the Redwoods a magical experience. We were even able to go swimming in the creek, undisturbed by others. My favorite moment was when the Black Bear wandered behind our campsite. I joke that I ate dinner with a black bear as I munched on my hot dog while he (or she) endulged on the blackberries. Although camping with black bears wouldn't typically be my idea of a good time, we never felt that we were in danger and had an amazing time!! I just wish we lived closer so we could visit more often! We also went to Yosemite, this was even better because of how few people are in the area.

Date of experience: August 2012
9  Thank BetsyK59
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I love this place! Take the Avenue of the Giants Scenic Byway & you can stop along any of the groves & walk through the majestic redwoods, sometime of them are right on the river. There are so many groves along the Avenue- I think I could go there everyday for a year & still not have walked in all of them! My favorites include French Bell Loop, Women's Federation Grove, Founders Grove, Bull Creek Flats, & more!

Date of experience: August 2012
2  Thank PeppyBecky
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It's easy to see why Humboldt became synonymous with "tune out and turn on" in the 1960s and 1970s. The majesty of the Redwoods combined with the series of tiny towns on the Eel River that runs along the Avenue of the Giants helped us leave our non-vacation world behind and really relax. As many people have said, take your time if possible as there are several stops worth making. The Visitors' Center is especially worthwhile.

1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This drive is a MUST when visiting northern California. The Founder's Tree is so interesting. There are many stops, so just choose a few and take a hike away from the road. You find it so peaceful,