“Old and not so clean, but cheap”

Motel 6 Weed - Mount Shasta
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Weed
California
“Old and not so clean, but cheap”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was traveling with my dogs, so it is always challenging to find reasonable places to stay. Motel 6 is a stand by because they take dogs at no extra charge, which is very nice. This particular Motel 6 was definitely not as nice as what I have experienced at others. There were no washcloths and no soap in the bathroom. There were crumbs and something that looked like coffee grounds on the nightstand. The carpet was very, very stained. I bring my dog's own beds so they don't leave hair on the carpet. In this case, I was glad they had something clean to sleep on. This hotel is in a convenient location when driving along I-5, but I would suggest trying another location.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed March 20, 2010

One thing the traveler need to know about Motel 6 change it is a inexpensive motel with clean rooms and not allot more. I have stayed several times here and at other Motel 6 properties around the nation.

I have found the rooms clean beds comfortable and the desk clerks helpful. The motel is located near the freeway so it is advisable to request a room facing away from I-5.

One tip when booking a Motel 6 is always pack you won shampoo.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank bob91024
Reno
Reviewed December 4, 2009

This Motel 6 is old, the beds are ancient, it is right on the highway and quite loud. My wife & I stayed here and then in a Motel 6 in Roseburg, Or. The Roseburg Motel 6 (2 hours north) is vastly superior in every aspect (I will review it as well). This is just an old Motel 6, it's OK if you need to stay there but avoid it if you can. Stay in Mt Shasta if you want good dining and a cute town.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Motel 6 is all about the basics at a cheap price, and this one has the friendliest staff around. I regularly make the drive from Washington state to the bay area and I always try and stop at this motel 6. In a beautiul area, it is right off the freeway, with speedy check-in and the friendliest staff, especially at night. As a female traveling alone I have never felt unsafe staying here. I have to admit that the facility is very basic, basic shower/bathroom setup with no shampoo/conditioner (but are available for a fee from the vending machine in the lobby), a basic bed, not a ton of space, but for a solo traveler looking for a place to sleep and shower it is decent and the price is right! I don't do the coffee or tea in the morning but just 2 exits south is a McDonalds and a bunch of other fast food places, so especially when I'm on my way southbound this place is great. Very clean for a cheap place to stay. I didn't experience the pool at all, and never have, since I just use the place to shower/sleep. Would definitely stay here again! A bit of freeway noise if you're on that side, but the fan does help cover it.

Also, the option this time for 2.99 24 hour wifi? Excellent price and works well! You can also get microwaves/fridges for $3.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Portland, OR
Reviewed September 16, 2009

On our recent trip south we needed to stop over for the night and was looking for an inexpensive place. Motel 6 fit our needs. It is near the little historic downtown of Weed, CA. The staff was friendly and the room was clean, but there were no extras. TV, pool, handsoap and towels were about it. We were in a room facing the rear of the motel, which is more scenic and less noisy. There was suppose to be tea and coffee in the AM, but there was no tea, they were out. If you just need a place to stay over night, it was fine.
We picked up doughnuts and coffee in the AM from the Weed Bakery in the downtown as there is no continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
SF Bay Area
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We left the SF Bay Area too late in the day to make it to central Oregon in one stretch, so we stopped here for the night. This place was PERFECTLY FINE; the room/facility was clean, the pool was decent, and it was amazingly quiet considering it was just off the freeway. For an extra $3 we got a minifrig and microwave, so we walked to the grocery store 1 block away and made ourselves a quick dinner in the room. This place is obviously a budget facility (bring your own shampoo!) but it didn't smell bad, it was perfectly clean, the staff was super friendly, and our room with 2 double beds cost only $49. There was only coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning, but otherwise it was an amazing deal that surpassed my expectations. It definitely worked for me!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I booked this hotel to stay overnight and get some sleep as I drove from Portland to Yosemite National Park. Made reservation online, for a non-smoking room, as I had my 6 month old daughter with me. Upon arrival, around 11PM, we found the lobby packed with people trying to get a room. Apparently, there was some kind of event going on near-by. These people did not have reservations, and as I waited in line, i overheard the clerk say to another customer that they didnt have non-smoking rooms available. I checked in, and upon arrival to the room, well, its obviously a smoking room. I am an ex smoker, and I know the smells. This room has been heavily smoked in for years. Anyway, went back to the counter, and confronted the clerk, and showed her my reservation, which specified non-smoking. I told her that if it had been just my wife and I, woulda taken it, cause I was tired and it was late, but not a chance I would with my daughter. She told they had already given away all non-smoking rooms. At this point, I looked around, and i saw a cockroach on the floor. Only then, I started paying attention to the facilities. Man, the place is gross. The person at the counter, told me she would let us stay on an "upgraded" room, that was definitely non-smoking. The room smelled really bad regardless. A pungent, high-power carpet cleaning smell. The bed looked as if someone had recently taken a nap on it, and the shower was dirty. This was by far, the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. I will never stay at a motel 6 again, just to save a penny. After all, I paid $72, for 2 adults, after taxes. The next night, I slept on a brand new holiday in express, incredibly nice, for only 30 more dollars a night. So, the $30 i saved was a bad mistake.
I must say that the person at the front desk was very nice, and tried to give me a solution to the problem, and its the only reason why they are getting 2 starts instead of 1. The problem with this place is not service, but the overall balance of cost-quality. $39.99 would be a fair price for this motel. I know you should not expect a great room at a motel 6, but $72 for this room is simply INSANE.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Skyroamer

Travelers are raving about these Weed hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Best Western Plus Tree House
Townhouse Motel
#2 of 6 in Weed
Quality Inn & Suites
Hi-Lo Motel & RV Park

Been to Motel 6 Weed - Mount Shasta? Share your experiences!