WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Weed
San Jose, California
“Bed bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I booked a room at Motel 6 Weed Mount Shasta. I was bitten by bed bugs. I woke up ~ 3:00am because my right leg was very itchy. When I turned on the lights, I inspected the bed and found one bed bug. I inspected my son's bed and we found another. I report this issue right away and showed the bed bug to the front desk assistant.
I hope they fix the problem.

Room Tip: Inspect the beds before you sleep.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Hector N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Used this hotel twice on a recent trip to California and back. Its a recognized Motel 6, has a pool and I found clean, quiet air-conditioned rooms. Pricing was good at $50.00 including tax. They provided a nice parking spot where I could park my motorcycle, safe but not in my preferred location outside my room. Not their fault - I was on the second floor!

The pool was clean and relaxing. Linens clean and bed was neatly made up. No stale 'smoke' evidence in my 'non-smoking' room. I'm happy about that, nothing worse for a non-smoker than to be put into a 'non-smoking' room that has been smoked in.

Going to Weed? Stop in - they'll keep the light on for ya - to coin a phrase ...

Room Tip: Down stairs is recommended, My 2nd floor room above the office was a bit of a search to get to ... k...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank SBruce J
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Looking for a cheap room? This will do. Looking for a pool? Yeah it has a pool (which was full of dead leaves, bugs and what looked like pieces of tissue paper coating the bottom). Looking for breakfast? Nope. Looking for a fridge or microwave in your room? Nope, not even in the "communal room". Looking for what time it is? Nope, not even a clock in your room. Looking for WiFi? Yeah, it has WiFi, but you have to pay extra for it. Now I do not mind getting a slow Internet connection when it is free, but I get offended when I have to pay extra for a slow connection.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Joseph N

Travelers are raving about these Weed hotels

Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Motel is located right off I-5 in the town of Weed, just minutes north of the town of Mount Shasta. Furnishings are basic Motel 6, but adecuate and in good condition. Queen bed was very firm, just the way I like it. The bathroom has a small sink vanity and a stand alone shower unit which looked pretty new. The shower head is mounted above the curtain rod and points inward toward the the back of the shower enclosure wall. This probably prevents the possibility of water finding its way onto the bathroon floor. Water temperature and pressure were fine. Both room and bathroom are well lit. My only negative comment, and a purely cosmetic one at that, would be the numerous cracks in the sink finish down by the drain. Over time they have turned black and for that reson the sink doesn't look too appealing to the eye. A refinish or replacement is needed. Other than that, everything was A-Ok. The cost for the one night, including senior discount and tax was just under $50. I recommend it for any budget traveler. My room was #128, located quite far from the office in the rear of the second building. It was very quiet back there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ELHS220
El Dorado Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were driving from Sacramento to Eugene around the holidays and booked a stay here to break up the drive. It was almost midnight and freezing outside, and would you believe there was a line to check in? Not a bad one and the lady working that night was quick and professional. The room was clean and just what we needed. Not to mention, after I reserved the room I received an email for an additional 10% off becasue I signed up with their website. It was only $44 plus tax! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tmac95762
Vancouver, Wa.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Typical budget Motel 6. Overall clean, with decent carpet, comfy bed, friendly staff. Heat worked well, and it was COLD there! Newer molded shower stall. Wi-fi worked well, for the $2.99 fee. I don't mind paying the fee, when it works well. Makes it more affordable for those who don't need or want it.
One complaint. Motel 6 has the smallest, thinnest towels of any budget chain!
I would recommend this Motel 6 for a night or two. Safe area in a small town.

Room Tip: If you dislike the floors, be sure to ask for a room on the top floor. Less noisy! And almost always...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imawandrer
Fremont, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Keeping in mind that Motel 6 is one of the cheapest lodging options around, AND they are pet friendly and don’t charge for pets, I really like and appreciate Motel 6. So while I wish the walls weren’t paper thin, where you can hear your next door neighbor talk and laugh, I get that this is part of the reason why Motel 6 is so reasonably priced. The rooms were pretty much what we saw in photos online. We checked in, and we got 2 full size beds, tv, and a bonus mini-fridge was in there, which I wasn’t expecting. We were also placed on the side of the building where there was a grassy area which was nice, probably because we had our pooch, who could do her business. It was actually nice being on that side, since we were away from the main traffic, and was pretty quiet, from a street noise point of view. The bathroom was large, and thankfully, very clean. It looked like the showers had been redone, and looked relatively new. Water pressure on the shower was powerful. Soap and lotion was provided which is still nice. Overall, good stay here, clean, comfortable, pet friendly, yes paperthin walls and no breakfast, but a good price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Quality Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Weed - Mount Shasta? Share your experiences!