“No "quality" here!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Ahwahnee
“No "quality" here!”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

This place is the pits! Thought since it was a member of the Choice Hotel chain that it would be held to a higher standard -- NOT! Dilapidated, shabby, and carpet was so freaking dirty and rumpled up that I wore shoes the entire time and only stepped on towels after showering. Would have asked for a refund & gone to the Comfort Inn next door if we weren't so tired from driving all day. Sure won't make that mistake again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SUZQ1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Las Vegas,NV
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The room had ants - the carpets in the halls and stairs hadn't been vacuumed for a month at least, the bedskirt was torn, and the bathroom had hair from the previous tenant. Need more? The young man at the desk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Seniortravelers14

Travelers are raving about these Weed hotels

Pleasanton
Reviewed March 10, 2010

We traveled with our family, heading up to Washington State. There were 11 of us total and we found the front desk crew to be funny and delightful. The reservation system was running slow and the General Manager and his crew gave us rooms without any fuss or getting our credit cards so we didnt have to wait. They trusted us, which we found very nice in todays world? We got our 8 rooms and we found them to be very warm and cozy and clean. The furniture was a bit dated but otherwise this hotel was worth every penny. When I had a medical issue and forgot some over the counter medication, the front desk person walked in the snow 200 yards to a store to buy it for me. This made it a no-brainer when we have to decide where we stay again on our next trip. I have read the other reviews as well, with 10 different credit cards floating around and families argueing and changing their minds about who was paying, our billing was A-1 Perfecto!
They also treated my two Yorkies like royalty, with puppy treats!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank u6rysl
California, San Diego
Reviewed March 3, 2010

They made the mistake of charging twice the amount. I gave them one of my CITY card's information to reserve the room. And when I checked in, I gave them my AMEX card to charge the room instead of CITY card. The front desk agreed to that. But the fact is they charged both of my credit cards. Of course, I disputed this wrong charge. Also I called, left messages and sent e-mails to the hotel manager many times, but never contact me or refunded for 6 months. They completely ignore this matter until February.
There is still a dispute on this subject. Because they still charged my CITY card which I didn't authorized to charge.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BermanMack
Marin
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Boy, that nice looking hot tub would've felt good after a long day of skiing, but of course, it didn't work like everything else at the Quality Inn. The ice machine didn't work. The tub didn't drain. There was no air flow in the room, so we stood in the hall for a while or left our door open. The room smelled bad. The towels were like loofas. The beds were hard. We found black hairs on the pillows. When we returned from skiing all day, we found notes on our beds saying that it is the hotels policy to not make the beds if there are any personal items on them. If we had been told this at check in, we would've removed our pillow and teddy bear from the beds! I believe it is their policy to not clean the rooms! I doubt if they have maids. ICK! Stay elsewhere, you'll thank me and yourself that you did. THERE IS NO QUALITY IN THE QUALITY INN!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Marinmom3
British Columbia
Reviewed January 9, 2010

The Comfort Inn looks so much more elegant, but they don't take pets, so we came to the Quality Inn--and were very glad to have done so, as it turns out. The man who checked us in was wonderful, making sure we settled in, finding us an additional, just-cleaned blanket to roll up to help me elevate my leg (leg injury).

This has also been one of the more wheelchair-friendly accessible rooms we've had. There's still a tub to deal with, but there's lots of space to maneuver, the sink seems low enough to not be impossible for someone in a wheelchair to use, and there are multiple bars in the shower/tub--although there's not one on the outside to assist getting out again.

I was pleased with the presentation and offerings of the breakfast (not one of the places that offers waffles, though) in the morning and their selection of teas--and they even offered hot chocolate.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
san diego
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I thought it was horrible because we had to change our room TWO times. The first time we had to move was because there was only one bed. I went with my mom and dad. The second time was because there was no microwave or a refrigerator.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
#4 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Motel 6 Weed - Mount Shasta

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!