“Weed California...Nice People with Mt. Shasta Overseeing It”
Review of The Weed Store

The Weed Store
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Weed
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best souvenir and local art store in Weed. They have many things from local artist items, fun tee shirts, to collectibles. Most items are priced very reasonably. All is a play on the name of the town... Weed. The owner is a fun upbeat and helpful person who has lived in Weed his entire life and can provide historical information on the town, best places to eat, and unique local attractions to see. The business phone number is (530) 938-4678. I found it a very fun place to stop at and will do so when passing through the Weed area right off I-5. Gas and food very nearby.
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Weed California...Nice People with Mt. Shasta Overseeing It”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I were on a California/Oregon coast driving trip in May 2012 and drove from the Mt. Shasta area through Weed, California. It was a tiny town with a view of the mountain. The name "Weed" was derived from one of the town's founders, I believe, but some people might poke fun at the name for other reasons. They even have a Weed Pharmacy...hmmmm.

We wanted souvenirs for some friends in Texas so we found a small roadside building called The Weed Store. They had all kinds of "Weed" items like t-shirts, coasters, stickers, etc. The salesman was full of local history and very nice. He even gave us a free full-sized 2012 wall calendar of beautiful Mt. Shasta photographs, which I look at often.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank runningcow

Seattle, Washington
“car die in weed ca”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

my car died on 09/07/12 on I-5 the city open its heart to me & a friend helped get back on track and get back home to Seattle,WA on my b'day 09/09/12, we were to go to San Francisco, but my car said no so we had to junck it a replan the trip. We were so mad we did not talk to each other
in the A M, we walked our own way by 5pm we had so much fun just by lookin at the city and playing with the name. on 09/08/12/ we put all our money together and booked the next bus out at 12:10AM on 09/09/12. It was a nathal HI

Visited September 2012

Been to The Weed Store? Share your experiences!