“Excellent break in drive to the Northwest”

Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Our stay in Weed was a great place to break the trip from SF to Portland and this hotel was excellent - clean, friendly, free phone, free internet in the room etc. (I can NOT agree with some of the earlier reviews.) I would reccomend it any time!
P.S. They recommended Dos Amigos for dinner and that too was outstanding. Make a point of building that into your stop.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2010

This motel is just acceptable for staying overnight while travelling. The room seemed clean enough and the bathroom was quite clean and in good shape (no mold, broken tiles, etc.). The carpet was a bit old and was poorly patched in a place or two where it had been damaged, but nohing terrible. The bed was in good shape and very firm. The internet access is wired ethernet only (no wireless) and the ethernet cable isn't long enough to reach the bed, so you have to sit at the little desk while working online. This motel is a big step above the Sis Q Inn across the street where I've had to stay on prior trips. It's acceptable for an overnight travel stay, but nothing more than that.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Staff unfriendly, loose hair in bathroom, not cleaned appropriatly. Quoted price, gave receipt for this price then charged my card $13. more, no explanation.
I will make sure my business associates are aware of these business practices.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Had a longgggggg drive from Vancouver, BC on the way to Lake Tahoe. This was an excellant place to stop...great beds, accommodated my pooch and nice bkfst to start the day. Would definately stay again. There is a great restaurant next door that serves fantastic ribs

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2009

The room was not bad, reasonably clean and comfortable. TV screwed down, does not even turn for comfort. The breakfast was not good, no fresh fruit that morning, coffee so bad that we went elsewhere for a good cup. The BBQ restaurant next is excellent - we did a take-out of a special dinner, and enjoyed every morsel!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My family was traveling with us on a business trip. We were traveling via car pool. Some of the other party members opted to stay down the street at the Best Western. Despite the late hour we decided to go out for bite to eat. They checked into their motel, rode along with us to our motel, so we could check in and and drop off our stuff. In our room, it was my husband, myself and our 2 children in our room. After the trip, an extra charge was noticed on the folio. The motel was called. They said there was another person in the room and..."it was VERIFIED". They Never even asked us how many people were in our room. The only way they could have verified such a thing was to LOOK into the WRONG room!

My husband who is white, I am not, initially went in ahead of us and signed us in. He was given a rate of $79. We were charged just about twice that much.

Review unrelated to the incorrect charges; older building and furnishings. The room was large, fairly clean. The place was quiet. AC worked well. Room had a small microwave. Sink was in the room which was nice. Carpet might have been recently dyed. Closet was a bit hard to get into because of the proximety to the sink. Overall all right.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I made the mistake of letting my 10 month old crawl on the floor for 5 minutes while I changed my clothes. Icky! i picked him up and his legs and feet were filthy! Yuck!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
7 mi away
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Townhouse Motel
Townhouse Motel
#2 of 6 in Weed

Been to Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area? Share your experiences!