“A Favorite Stop”
Review of Dos Amigos

Dos Amigos
Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in Weed
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: A very good restaurant next to Comfort Inn, Central Weed CA. It deserves a good review.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A couple times a year we travel from Central CA to Tacoma, WA and stay over in Weed. We both look forward to our evening meal at Dos Amigos. After 8 +/- hour on the road one of their margaritas relaxes the body. The food is always tasty no matter what we order. This last time I ordered the best taco salad ever. I asked for little meat & extra beans in the shell and it was perfect. My husband really likes the enchiladas verdes. Every year we look forward to dinner in Weed at Dos Amigos.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the combination platter, and was quite impressed by the good taste everything seemed to have. The wide array of different Mexican foods all on my platter at once was pretty awesome too. I got to try their yummy cheese quesadilla, taquitos, flautas, jalapeno poppers, cheesy nachos, and mini burritos. The reason I ordered this was because the menu was pricy no matter what I was going to order, so I might as well get something that I know would fill me up, and let me try different things. Heck, the combo plate was cheaper than ONE burrito! So, I actually saved money, and had more food! Everything tasted great. The service was sub-par, however, and not much English being spoken. The restrooms are awkward (4 different rooms)?!... Overall, my experience was ok. Not the best in the world, but I'd consider stopping again sometime, especially since it's location is very convenient to truck parking.

1  Thank Geographyguy97
Reviewed May 13, 2013

too much food but very good. this is actually 3 and a half stars but trip advisor is only into whole numbers. close to the 2 hotels in south weed. go for the strong rather than the sweet margaritas.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a great experience. The manager was able to offer a gluten free option for me, and I didn't have to wait longer than the rest of the people in my party. The portions were huge and the food was yummy.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Not worth the one star. The family and I stopped by here on our way to Santa Cruz. The sour cream was turned her beans and rice were cold.Had her take back the sour cream and she microwaved the rice and beans... When we brought our concern to the waitress she had me talk "to the manager." He offered to take the .$75 fro the sour cream off the $56 bill as a "convenience.." I told him that was not acceptably as the food was cold and was cheaply re-heated. He told me that no everything in a restaurant is perfect. I told him at the very least the rice and beans should be taken off. He said he would go look at her plate.... This made me really mad. I told him I would get him cash; I told my wife I would be back. He them proceed to call the police because were refused to pay... while I was at an ATM the "manger" became harassing my wife and kids an asking other customers if they liked the food or not.. there is more to say, but the point is avoid this place.

Been to Dos Amigos? Share your experiences!