“Excellent food and service in the middle of nowhere.”
Review of Silva's Restaurant - CLOSED

Silva's Restaurant
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Silva's was a welcome surprise. Home-made, fresh, great service, best barbecue sauce we've ever had. Highly recommend it. Don't go here looking for ambience, although "local color" abounds.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I pass by all the time thinking wow what great BBQ but most the time I'm not hungry. Oh blessed be for hunger today as this cafe has some of the best BBQ in California. Yes half a chicken and two sides with garlic toast for $ 12 what a deal. Plus you can pick up your I love Weed shirt here as well. Yes welcome to Weed California.
If you are too full after dinner to drive there is a great hotel next door.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

On our way back home to Oregon and stopped cuz we saw a McDonalds sign, but as we turned in we saw Silva'a across the street . Was hard to tell if they were open as it was before 10 a.m. and the open sign faces the wrong direction. Or maybe we were just tired. Anyhow really good breakfast and great service.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I recently made a quick stop here on our drive up highway 5. We sometimes stay overnight in Weed and make a stop at HiLo for breakfast, but this time we decided to drive a little further past Weed. We were recommended to this BBQ restaurant by some family friends that made a stop here. The restaurant size is large with an outside patio area. The BBQ itself was pretty good. I've definitely had better, but I also wouldn't say it was bad BBQ. Normally I would give this type of a restaurant 3 stars, but for a restaurant in Weed, I think it is worth 4 stars. I got the tri tip plate which I thought was excellent. My wife got the pulled pork. She liked it, but didn't love it. The service was good and the restaurant is right off the highway which makes it convenient.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We love the BBQ! We stop at Weed on our way to and from Oregon just for their Tri-Tip BBQ sandwich. The beans are absolutely delicious, also. We usually get the meal to go and eat on the road. They do a good job of packing it up to keep it warm. We highly recommend Silva's and will eat there again in several weeks. (They use oak to cook the meat outside on the BBQ - amazing flavor.)