“Above average BBQ in Weed, CA”
Review of Silva's Restaurant - CLOSED

Silva's Restaurant
Cuisines: Barbecue
Walnut Creek, California
“Above average BBQ in Weed, CA”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I recently made a quick stop here on our drive up highway 5. We sometimes stay overnight in Weed and make a stop at HiLo for breakfast, but this time we decided to drive a little further past Weed. We were recommended to this BBQ restaurant by some family friends that made a stop here. The restaurant size is large with an outside patio area. The BBQ itself was pretty good. I've definitely had better, but I also wouldn't say it was bad BBQ. Normally I would give this type of a restaurant 3 stars, but for a restaurant in Weed, I think it is worth 4 stars. I got the tri tip plate which I thought was excellent. My wife got the pulled pork. She liked it, but didn't love it. The service was good and the restaurant is right off the highway which makes it convenient.

• Visited August 2012

Mariposa, California
“THE BBQ IS AWESOME!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We love the BBQ! We stop at Weed on our way to and from Oregon just for their Tri-Tip BBQ sandwich. The beans are absolutely delicious, also. We usually get the meal to go and eat on the road. They do a good job of packing it up to keep it warm. We highly recommend Silva's and will eat there again in several weeks. (They use oak to cook the meat outside on the BBQ - amazing flavor.)

Visited July 2012
Davis, California
“Great Ribs!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Pork ribs were great, very meaty, better than the baby back ribs, have them with the beans. Wish I had the recipe for the beans, they are sooo good. For breakfast, have the corned beef-it's homemade and wonderful. And save room for pie!
Con--Service can be very good, or very mediocre, depending on the staff.

Visited July 2012
Medford, Oregon
“Italian”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Truckers stop here but the foods are not the usual truck stop grease. Truckers came after parking was more convenient. Love the Kale soup, steaks. Convenient on/off I-5.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Frogdancer
Kelowna, Canada
“lousy BBQ”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed across the street at the Quality Inn. Recommended by the staff. The food was sub standard BBQ. How do you mess up BBQ? Only good thing was the beans. Over priced for the portions. Coconut cream pie was alright.

Visited October 2011