“Nice clean cheap sleep”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Weed
montana
“Nice clean cheap sleep”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

If all you need is a basically clean place to crash for the night, this place is a great deal. The facility feels like you've stepped back a few decades in time, but the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was crowded and tight for the four us, but totally functional with two double beds, a tv, a microwave and a refrigerator. The grocery store is just down the street and thre is a bakery within walking distance. You won't find a better value, if all you need is the basics. If you need to feel pampered, however, keep looking. We'll stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Deciding on making Weed the first town to spend the night on our road trip starting in San Francisco, we found the Townhouse Motel.

Reading the reviews and taking a look at the website, we dedided to go for it and book a room. Seemed like an ok motel. Nothing fancy, but ok to spend the night.

When we got there, my partner found it even more dirty than I. The room was very very basic and small, with two double beds, tv, microwave, coffee maker.
Bathroom was small and VERY dark. Shower was in a corner and it was so dark you couldn't make out if the tiles were tidy or dirty. We did not dare to take a shower.

We did feel safe however and the owner was very friendly. You get what you pay for, since it was only $47 for the room for one night. We slept well, decided on some breakfast
at the Hi-Lo Cafe across the street and some food shopping at Ray's.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ktkromann

Travelers are raving about these Weed hotels

San Rafael, California
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My boyfriend and I were on our way to Bend, Oregon and stopped in Weed for the night. It was 1 a.m. and the manager was really polite and very gracious and gave us a great price. At 1 a.m. many hotels would try to increase their rates knowing that we have limited options and it is late at night.
The room was very clean and had a shower, air conditioner, TV and warm, clean bed! I left my blanket and pillow behind by accident. On our way back through we stopped by to see if they still had it and the same manager had it it and was in a safe place. It is a perfect place to stay when you are just passing through or want a weekend in Weed,
There is also a great bakery right around the corner downtown Weed with a very friendly owner. A must see!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We had been driving all day and arrived in Weed at midnight, in need of a cheap place to get a good nights sleep. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor about this motel so we decided to give it a try. The manager was very friendly and not phased by our late arrival. The room was small and old school - but very clean and everything was in good working order. The location was good because it was easy to find from I-5 and was within walking distance to several places to eat. We had excellent coffee and danishes at a nearby bakery. The motel served it's purpose and we were not disappointed. It was a great launching pad for our drive to Oregon the next day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed at the Motel on my way to my mom's in Bend. I spent one night and when I packed the next morning I left my night gown in the bed. I Called and talked to the manager 3 times, he kept putting me off.I asked how many people worked there and he said one housekeeper and they wash there own sheets. so where could the night gown have gone? Also I didnt feel safe and placed the chair up againt the door as the lock didnt deadbolt all the way and jiggled when you toched the door knob. The shower had a slipper bottom and the blaket had holes in it. I wont be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Actually, the decision was a good one. The motel is clean, safe, and easy to access from your car. The owner is very helpful and friendly. Very close to I-5. No problems with the Wi Fi. My only minor complaint was the small room but we had a lot of camping equipment. Next time I need to stop in this area, I will check in here. Very good food across the street.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Excellent service Nice room Found it very easily right off the freeway wi-fi in the rooms sure beats a motel in Eureka where i had to pay extra for the connection and switch rooms because you couldn't get it in all the rooms I like the coffee pot in the room i'm a tea drinker the last motel i stayed at I couldn't even get hot water in the evening This place was quiet and comfortable it had everything I needed the first time I stayed there so i'm here on my return trip and if I come by again I will certainly stay here again I will recommend it to my friends

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Quality Inn & Suites
Sis-Q-Inn
Sis-Q-Inn
#4 of 6 in Weed

Been to Townhouse Motel? Share your experiences!