“exactly what we needed”
Review of Townhouse Motel

Townhouse Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Reviewed January 29, 2014

this small roadside motel was exactly what we needed coming back from crater lake to mount Shasta (15 minutes away). we had the corner room at the 2nd floor. it was clean, and the bath tab was great. I don't expect much on those kind of trips, but this one was also not expensive so it was even better. weed as a town doesn't have much to see or eat, but we did have breakfast at elli's espresso and bakery just down the road, and it was so good!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amiroi
There are newer reviews for Townhouse Motel

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Ticking down my list of must haves where I will stay is "pet friendly". This place is old but it's clean, bed, bath and yard. Not really inexpensive but ok for the price. I had the far corner lower floor room, could park my car almost in front of my room and even though right next to a busy Truck Route, I slept well. Not so sure if you would if you had an upstairs room though. I had to at least stay in Weed ONCE in my Life (passed through it many times) and there isn't that much in the way of affordable, pet friendly places to stay. There would be IF ALL pet owners were responsible people, but we do not live in a perfect World, so hench, varying irresponsible pet owners have made fees necessary and the accommodation people know we'll pay it sooooo ya, darn pet fees (anywhere from $10.00 to $25.00 per night!! yikes!!) Crazy! Oh and by the way, I just figured it out. The pet fees are not taxed, if you check your bill~~thus are they really declared as income or are they just pocketed?? Ha! Who knows? We just pay them no matter what. The Owner of the Townhouse was a friendly sort, but I just couldn't get any coffee at 7:00am even though the open sign was on and the instructions were to ring the bell, but then I wasn't sure if I should ring the bell or were they really open so I didn't bother. I'd recommend and if I was to EVER stay in Weed again, I'd stay there. Nice place. I felt safe, comfortable and warm. Heck it went down to minus 1 that night! Worth your while to visit The Weed Store across the street. Such a hoot and no I don't smoke the stuff and the town is named after a man's last name~~he started a lumber mill there and gave the town his name. I didn't know that until my overnight visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I regularly drive between Southern California and the Seattle area. Always get a great night's rest - quiet despite being just off the main road into town. Convenient spot for breakfast nearby. An absolute highlight is just how clean and well maintained the Townhouse Motel is - a great find whether you're a looking for a convenient stop while traveling or there to explore the Mt. Shasta area. Nice size fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, excellent wi-fi, dresser (but no closet), tasteful updated decor and fixtures all work great - highlighted by spotlessly clean/fresh rooms. Rooms are a bit smaller than some of the chains, but if you're there to get some good rest you found the right place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PSC206
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I like to fly to different parts of the country to see sights and hike. As a result, we really do not want to spend a lot of money on hotels or motels. We were in Northern California to hike Mount Shasta and stayed one night at this motel. It was very reasonably priced and very clean. They were in the process of painting the doors and rooms while we were there. Two things need improvement: 1) the lighting in the room was poor and 2) there was no place to hang our clothes. We tried to get breakfast in the morning after the allotted time, but the office was closed. The king bed was very comfortable. The room had free Wi-Fi, and a small refrigerator. The rooms were quiet. This is an older motel but the owners appear to be trying to make improvements and keep it updated. Very good location and easy to find.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great location right off Highway 5 and 97. It was a nice finale to our vacation of 8 days on the road. Naveen, the owner at the desk, made us feel very welcome and helped us find a good breakfast in the morning. The room [218] was very clean, had wifi, frig, TV, coffeemaker, a great firm kingbed and new bathtub as amenities and a fine view of Mt.Shasta. The prices of the room was very reasonable. The locals were very friendly. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 218 is very quiet with a nice new bathtub.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skephaniem
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Friendly owner, you can see that he is proud of his motel. The motel is basic but we had a great bed, clean bathroom and useful fridge. You don't need much more when going for a long hike to Mt Eddy, or relaxing spa somewhere near! Comfortable, quiet and amazing breakfast across the street. And nice to wake up, open the door and have a view on the majestic Mt Shasta!

Room Tip: we had room 219 if I remember it right, 2nd floor, king bed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arjan J
Reviewed August 7, 2013

From the outside is showing its age a bit, but is still neat . For a mom-and-pop is outstanding the rooms are very very clean and the service is very good as well.the beds are very comfortable and the AC works very well as well.
I prefer to stay at mom-and-pop when I'm traveling over all ,this is one the best mom and pops I stayed at him very long time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dick T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Quality Inn & Suites
Sis-Q-Inn
Sis-Q-Inn
#4 of 6 in Weed

Been to Townhouse Motel? Share your experiences!