“Basic, friendly and small town!”
Review of Hi-Lo Cafe

Hi-Lo Cafe
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Weed
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Hi-Lo Cafe in Weed, CA is located just about the right distance between Here and There. Whether we’re your intended destination or your favorite stop along the way to where you’re going, we’ll always make sure your meal is unforgettable and comforting. Our classic diner-style eatery has been serving up fan favorites to travelers and locals alike since 1951. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner our menu has all of the classic dishes that you know and love. Hearty omelets, fresh salads and soups, flowing coffee, smothered chicken fried steak, fresh wraps, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and locally brewed beer are just some of our popular offerings. Don’t forget to top your meal off with our famous desserts - cobblers, pies, and a fully functioning old timey soda fountain with milkshakes, sundaes, banana splits, and more. Cozy up in a booth, at the counter, or at a larger table; we’ve got seating for all tastes. We have pride in our food and pride in our town, and we invite you to fall in love with both! Our goal is to make you feel like family so you come back and visit us again and again.
“Basic, friendly and small town!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Love the HiLo! We have a second home just East of Weed and I look forward to at least one meal at the HiLo each visit. I was by myself this visit and slipped in for breakfast on a Friday morning. I sat at the counter because I wanted to experience the local flavor and was not disappointed. Small town friendliness all around me, I ordered the simple basic two eggs and bacon with hashbrown potatoes (crispy on both sides) and a side of rye toast with orange marmalade.

You may think that such a basic breakfast could not be 'messed up' nor could it necessarily be EXCELLENT -- but, you would be wrong. I have had many less-than-spectacular two0egg breakfasts in my day -- runny eggs, limp bacon, pale hashbrowns.... This breakfast was PERFECT! The bacon was perfect, the eggs were perfect, even the toast was perfect -- but, best of all were the hashbrowns! The HiLo has wide-cut potatoes and will patiently crisp them on both sides if requested. The thick cut really allows the potato flavor to shine and they were perfectly crisp!

I have had Joe's Special (with hashbrowns, of course) and their scrambles in the past. I have never been disappointed by breakfast at the HiLo! Even if you're just driving by on I-5 on your way to or from Oregon -- stop in at the HiLo for breakfast, lunch or dinner -- and order the hashbrowns!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AmyKolbTucker

Santa Cruz, California
“Not the best”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Based on other reviews here we decided to give them a try - not as good as expected. Service was below average considering they weren't that busy. As for the food the otherwise good cooking was let down by the cheap frozen sweet corn. Sorry guys but for $13 an entre we expect fresh ingredients, ideally organic but certainly not out of a packet - tasted awful too. On the plus side their orange juice is the best in the area, and breakfast prices look good.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Steve S
Tempe, Arizona
“I left stuffed and happy”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went to this cafe by recommendation from The Weed Store that was a few doors down. He said.... The food was good and you get large portions for the money. He was not kidding. The food was excellent and service was good. I could not finish the Country Fried Steak Breakfast plate. Oh, get the home fries over the hash brown.... they are great. If you are in the area, you need to stop by here for sure. Thanks Hi-Lo!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank TSFfromNM
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have eaten at various places in Weed and Mt. Shasta. This place by far exceeded our expectations. Food is great and service was awesome. Forget the Black Bear diner and don't try Dos Amigos or Silvas this is it for us!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Yranger
Henderson, Nevada
“Cute Resturant/Great History”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Menu was really fun to read it told all about the history of this little town. The food and service were excellent!! Great stop!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank lv101

Been to Hi-Lo Cafe? Share your experiences!