See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I don t usually write reviews but I was soooo disappointed in the amount of money we had to pay for the room we received that I had to write this. My aunt and I came from Oroville from a stay at a casino resort that cost us $69.00 for a beautiful room. When we got to Weaverville where my father lives we pulled up and asked for the rate and were told $80.00. My aunt paid the rate and when we went to our room it smelled musty and had an air conditioner that blew onto my face while laying in bed. The refridgerator was not plugged in, we had no conditioner for the shampoo or body cream. The towels were flimsy but clean. The rate for this room was outrageous. I would have thought this room was worth $69.00 NOT $80.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Laura C
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Room was clean, staff was friendly and competent. No view, but accommodations are very limited in Weaverville. With the decline of 49er Gold Motel, this is the only option (we travel to Weaverville 3-4 times per year, minimum).

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This modest but comfortable motel is no longer a BW property. Rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Biggest let down of this property is surrounding property is a junk yard so place has no curb appeal. Front rooms are noisy with road traffic. Get a room in the back, upstairs and you will be comfortable. No elevator, lots of stairs. I found the staff (I think it is a one woman operation) to be very friendly and helpful...extra towels, local information & directions, etc. I will probably stay here again if traveling through the area....despite curb appeal it has a "homey" feel for the road weary

Room tip: Upstairs, in the back have less noise. No elevator, lots of stairs. Upstairs you can look over junkyard and towards surrounding mtns. rather than directly at the junk.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank rjsac
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Indeed it is not a Best Western and no way would we stay there again. Dead insects behind the curtain on the window sill (I had 3 itchy bites the day that we left), dirty carpets with who knows what underneath the enormous bureau or whatever it's called that holds the TV. . .dark room, tiny bathroom with hardly a place to put a couple of cosmetics. . .

The "new" section containing rooms which are a bit larger, front on a grim, grim concrete parking lot, with a view of more rooms opposite. It's just too depressing, which is why we opted for the older section.

Hate to be so negative about a small, locally owned (I presume) establishment, but there it is. . .

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank piperbell
Reviewed July 14, 2011

First of all, it is no longer a Best Western. After reading the negative reviews on this site and the cool reception when I made our reservations...I had my doubts. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The lady at the front desk could not have been nicer. Our room was very nice (clean) and except for the elephants that were staying upstairs, it was very peaceful. There was in-room coffee and more in the lobby - along with muffins, juices and fruit. We only stayed one night, but if we are ever in the area again we will be back.

Date of stay: June 2011