“A retreat after an emotional day.”
Review of The Whitmore Inn

The Whitmore Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Weaverville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I unexpectedly had to travel to Weaverville due to the death of my grandmother. From the moment I contacted Noelle until the day we checked out, I was thrilled. The Inn itself was peaceful and serene. The decor and furnishings were comfortable and luxurious.

My 6 year old daughter traveled with me and for two nights she was in heaven at the Whitmore. She has recently been interested in the "olden days" and the "olden days" decor kept her fascinated.

The breakfast was simple and delicious and was enjoyed by not only my self, but by an Irish couple that was staying there also.

We are planning a family reunion and will be staying there again, I am sure.

April Parks

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Whitmore Inn

Reviewed May 19, 2009

Every once in a while it is really great to find a place that lets you slow down and unwind. Nestled in the northern California Mountains, the Whitmore Inn and this truly is a place that everyone can enjoy. Located on Main Street and walking distance from downtown shopping, museums, historical sites and the County Court House. The Whitmore Inn allows you to enjoy the culture of this old town in a refreshing homelike atmosphere with so much to see in the area. Service is impeccable; rooms are very comfortable, roomy and clean. The wrap around porch is perfect to sit and enjoy the flavor of this step back in time to a romantic era of the old Gold Rush town. I think this is a must visit establishment.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2008

A place where you are treated as though you are the esteemed owner/ occupier of the property.

Rich coffee aromas are set to wake you at your designated rising time, the parlour, garden, and outside spa pamper and refresh you. The old fashioned baths are gloriously deep, with special salts, oils and fluffy flannels.

Noelle is gracious, warm and well connected to the Weaverville community. She also has a fabulous sense of place and design: the fabrics, carpets, textures and details of the Whitmore renovation delighted me.

The Inn is walking distance to all that is special about Weaverville

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2008

My best friend recently booked rooms for four of us. The Whitmore Inn is beautifully restored by owner Noelle Roget. While staying at the Inn, guests can peruse through a couple of albums of some before and after restoration photos of this lovely historic home. The Victorian period furniture and decor in each room is unique and sumptuous - the owner has done outstanding renovation. The Whitmore Inn is the place to stay in Weaverville, especially if you want the feeling of going back in time. It's walking distance to the museum, other historic buildings and restaurants. We will definitely go back again. We also used the hot tub - very nice! I really enjoyed the huge veranda in the mornings and evenings. To view the large trees, garden and beautiful lawn area was such a delight every day and evening. What a special time we had!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My recent stay at the Whitmore Inn was absolutely great. The Whitmore is a Victorian house in the heart of Weaverville, in a perfect location for walking through the former gold rush town. It sits accross the street from the museum and the historic Joss House. It has been lovingly restored and furnished by owner Noelle Roget. All of the rooms are unique and charming, but my favorite spot at the Inn was the huge porch overlooking the park-like gardens. The perfect place for coffee in the morning and sipping wine in the evening.

I visit Weaverville often and use to stay in one of the local motels which are, at best, pretty standard. The Whitmore has now become my only choice for future visits.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We were traveling through northern CA and landed at the Whitmore Inn on the spur of the moment. It is a lovely B&B in a very interesting little CA town in the midst of beautiful mountains and forest lands. Our time at the Whitmore Inn was very pleasurable. The rooms are very attractive, super clean, the the continental breakfast satisifying, the innkeeper was very gracious--also, a hot tub outside (we didn't use it but it looked terrific). We also rec'd vouchers for a breakfast across the street (huge breakfast), but the continental with delicious miniature scones would truly have been enough! The inn is located very conveniently, right across the road from the local historical society/museum and a Taoist temple built by Chinese miners (now in a state park). We took a tour--it was great. There are very interesting shops, even a bookstore and small movie theater in this gem of a town. (No Walmart in sight!). I would happily go back again (we would have spent more time in the area but for the late June 2008 California wildfire problem--all over northern CA.). Highly recommended-- both the Inn and the area.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 28, 2008

My daughter and I stayed for the week end and we had a wonderful time. Noelle is a great hostess!!!! The Whitmore Inn is a jewel in the beautiful town of Weaverville. We will recommend the Inn to all our friends. We hope to return soon.

Stayed: April 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
Indian Creek Lodge
Strawhouse Resorts & Cafe
49er Gold Country Inn
49er Gold Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Weaverville

Been to The Whitmore Inn? Share your experiences!