“Very poor service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food was good but the service was beyond bad... the worst I have ever had in a restaurant. No one paid any attention to us or tried to help us. That should have been the first clue. After we were finally seated it was 25 minutes before our order was taken. Then it was 55 minutes before our food was served. Although it was good, our moods were not. The dessert was expensive and not worth it. For the first time ever I did not leave a tip.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice restaurant with a very friendly waitress and large portions. Nice selection of single malt scotch whisky, but the standout for me has to be the bread pudding, without a doubt the best I have ever eaten.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Visiting area for several days and decided when exploring Weaverville to visit this place we had heard locals describe and reviewed on TA.
Located downtown in the heart of Main Street. Good location if exploring the historic downtown.

Entered establishment and found it not too busy for a summer holiday weekend which surprised us. Seated promptly in a window seat which was nice to have some kind of view of the downtown and "people watch". However, we immediately noticed an over abundance of flies on the windows and around the window tables. That was disgusting.
Brought it to attention of our waitress who apologized, and I asked what was causing the abundance of flies as the only entrance was always closed, and there didnt seem to be any flies entering as folks entered or left. She was not sure. We could have moved tables, but dont think it would have been much better wherever we moved to.
I later used the rest rooms located adjacent to the kitchen and noticed as I passed the kitchen that they kept the back doors open, I guess to provide a cooling effect for the kitchen.
I guess they figure any insects that may enter dont go any farther than the kitchen, which in itself is a questionable practice.

Menu was interesting in its choices. Several items in each category, but not as big of a selection as I had expected.
Food service was slow but it eventually got to us.
Salads were cool and fresh with plenty of vegetables.
I had chicken enchiladas that were lukewarm and bland tasting. Served with allegedly "black beans" but what I got were the strangest black beans I ever had. More like a brown pinto bean that were not tasty at all, and I did not finish them.
Girlfriend had "airport chicken". This is a small chicken breast (more like a small cornish game hen) with one drumstick attached, stuffed with ham. She said hers was "OK", but would not order it again.

There are limited choices for dining in Weaverville but I think when we return La Grang e would not be where we go. We will try another establishment.
This place has a lot of potential, but fails to live up to all of the hype I was given about it, and is overrated IMO. Perhaps we caught them at a bad time, but, you would think on a holiday summer week it is prime time for "catching the tourist traffic" and being at the top of their game.
Missed the mark the week we were here though.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Came through this town of Weaverville late Sunday afternoon on the way back from the coast and we were hungry. Unfortunately most all the shops were closed in town and we started to stroll around and one shop was open and she told us about this place next door so we came in here for a quick bite to eat. There a was a menu in the window and looked like we would find something each of us would like so we went in. The lady promptly told us it was too early for dinner but the lunch menu was still good. They have a nice bar along one wall and we decided instead of being all alone in the dinning room we would just take a table in the bar. The service was great and we ordered an appetizer of fried artichoke hearts which was WAY bigger than I expected and quite yummy with blue cheese dressing for dipping. I really didn't need the salad I ordered and ended up bring most of it home. It was a spinach salad with blue cheese, blueberries, pineapple, candied pecans and was wonderful. My husband had one of their burgers and sweet potato fries and was fully satisfied after so all in all a good place to stop in for a drink or bite to eat if you happen to be coming through town or live up this way.

1  Thank Peppertaz
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The "best" of Weaverville. A great restaurant for this charming mountain town. Staff was super friendly; apologized for a wait that we hadn't even experienced (had let one waitress go see her child's playoff game). Menu options were beyond plentiful; so many interesting choices. Had the fresh halibut which had a great saffron sauce; SO had the buffalo burger steak - this was extremely tasty, but a little tough.
Had an extensive wine list, but it definitely needed an update; many of the listings were no longer available, and the by-the-glass list was completely inaccurate. None of these are a major problem, but if you get your heart set on a glass that is not available, it can be a real bummer.