“Great food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Spending the Memorial Day weekend in Weaverville exploring, fishing, and relaxing we were very pleased to find the La Grange Café. So far we've had supper there twice. First night was the seared scallops in a lemon cream sauce over angel hair pasta...pretty good. Last night lamb shanks which were very good. We are seniors and can't eat lots of food so in both instances we had them split the plate...which they were very gracious in doing. Weaverville is a fun "drop out" place and La Grange makes it worth the trip knowing there is a watering hole and great food at the end of the day!

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Prime rib dip was amazing and they have a good variety of alcohol. The service was great and so was the atmosphere!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I picked this place based on the reviews I read here. I have nothing else to add. The buffalo meat loaf was savory, juicy, and a little sweet. The combo veggies that came with it were a creative mix of what you'd expect along with a bit of beet and roasted brussel sprouts. The mashed potatoes and gravy were tasty and the bread had a chewy texture. Not a meal I order often, but this was modernized and enjoyable. Obviously they take good care here, and offer top quality food. Applause!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ate there twice during our vacation here. Good food and great value. Hamburgers are great and made with Angus beef.They also serve Buffalo at a fair price. I had BBQ ribs the first time. An unlimited order is $20. Very meaty and tasty. Sauce was like your typical bottled sauce. Good onion strings. The next time I had a Shrimp Louis. It was excellent and contained a whole avocado and plenty of shrimp. If you want your dressing on the side, you need to ask for it that way. FYI: Fresh Salmon here means Fresh FROZEN.

Unfortunately they fall short when it comes to desserts. We had the apricot cobbler the first time and it was awful. It tasted like canned apricots with a terrible crust. My advise: have your dessert somewhere else or go to Top's market and get an individual size pie or a piece of cheesecake from the bakery.

Service was good and casual but sometimes a bit confused. Priced for 2 w/o drinks was around $35 with tip. Since there are not a lot of choices in Weaverville for restaurants it is not particularly difficult to say that this was one of the best in town. However I thought enough of it to say that if it were local I would eat there on occasion when I was interested in a simple value price dinner.

Tourist Tip: They offer a free food during happy hour every Friday night from 5-7pm. When we were there it was baked potatoes with all kinds of things to put in it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the spot for dinner after a day of steeleheading on the Trinity. Great variety on the menu (buffalo meatloaf is great) and you are sure to find something you will like on the main or the specials menu. Great service and a pretty neat wine list (try a Trinity county wine). The place features a full bar so you can get your favorite cocktail as well. The interesting and eclectic crowd provide people watches with added entertainment.

1  Thank tfagerskog