“Wonderful Stay at Weaverville Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful Stay at Weaverville Hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Weaverville to celebrate the life of his Grandmother who had passed away in February. Usually we stayed with her at her home. This was a wonderful substitute. I honestly was not expecting such a charming and personable staff and hotel. We stayed in the Bully Choop room (room 3). It was comfortable, quiet, and so lovely. Jeanne was a wonderful help to us, showing us around the hotel and making us feel so welcome. I didn't feel like our room was noisy; it faced a side street, had a nice view of the mountains and was never too hot. The old school charm of the room and amenities was wonderful but they also had some modern amenities to keep us comfortable. Every detail has been thought of here. Even though they do not serve breakfast, they gave us vouchers that were redeemable at local shops and cafes. I highly recommend this place to someone who is looking to relax and go back in time when life was simpler. If you want a television and modern furniture in your room this is not for you. There is a tv in one of the room's and a tv in a common area but it was nice to get away from technology and enjoy the surroundings. I would love to come back here!

Room Tip: We had room 3 which faced a side street and I felt it was quiet. Most of the rooms except for room 1...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeanne M, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We will hope to see you again someday, and under happier circumstances. Till then and with all good wishes,

Jeanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This quaint hotel in mountain town Weaverville, California is charming and has wonderful hospitality. Our room had a modern claw foot bathtub, four post bed, and beautiful armoire. They give you a $10 certificate for a few different restaurants across the street. We are staying again this summer on our way to the lake.

Room Tip: My favorite room is La Grange due to the claw foot bathtub!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christi L
Jeanne M, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Christi, thank you so much for your very nice review of our hotel! Your kind words give us a reason to never rest on our laurels, but always to try our hardest to make each guest's experience in Weaverville a good one. Thank you!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here just one night while visiting family locally. I can't really recall the number of times (in our less than 24 hours there) that my husband turned to me and said he loved the room. It was spacious, extremely comfortable, clean and tastefully decorated. The owners go above and beyond with the kind of hospitality you can't get in even the finest resorts-they obviously care about this property and the guests they welcome. We will never stay anywhere else in Weaverville again!

Room Tip: The La Grange room is very spacious, with a separate sitting room, small area with fridge and microw...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eve C
Jeanne M, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Great reviews like yours are really what keeps us going. Whenever we get discouraged, we go to the tripadvisor website (or to our room journals) and read the kind words of people like you, and know our efforts at real hospitality have not gone unnoticed. Thank you! I hope your kindness comes back to you tenfold.
chattanooga tn
Reviewed February 25, 2013

t's been a year since we stayed there, but I still remember how beautiful it was. The way it was decorated, the historic style, it were as if you just stepped back in time to a more relaxed lifestyle.
Although we only stayed one night it was the most memorable night I've had at any hotel. My wife and my mother-in-law just fell in love with it. They're sheets on they're bed were so soft I thought they were going to try to take them home. The owner and staff were so kind to us and enjoyed our southern accent so much (we're from north Georgia). I've always wanted to go to Northern California but now I dream of going back for a longer stay and when I do I long to stay at the Weaverville Hotel & Emporium for several nights. It's almost like being homesick, yet I only stayed one night. Now it wasn't just the hotel it was the beautiful town and scenery that I miss, but the hotel was the biggest part of it. My name is Ernie Goins and I want to say a very special hello and thanks to the owner and staff there for me and my wife Sharon, my son Cody, and my mother-in-law Delaphene for an unforgettable night at the Weaverville Hotel & Emporium.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sharon g
Jeanne M, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Ernie! Your review of Weaverville and the Weaverville Hotel blew us all away! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement! We really enjoy what we do here, but guests like you and your family are the icing on the cake for us. We look forward to seeing you all again one day, and till then, wishing you all the best.
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Weaverville Hotel in Oct 2012. The experience was beyond our expectations. The exterior of the hotel is not much to look at, it has a funky old neon sign (the oldest neon sign in town). It is located on the main street in town, just steps away from the restaurants, galleries and shops. Downstairs is the emporium and a parlor for guests with a separate TV room with a single cup coffee/tea brewer that makes excellent beverages.

We were concerned about road noise so we reserved the room in the back, farthest from the road, but when we arrived the owner graciously showed us all the available rooms and we selected the Honeymoon suite ("Bully Chop"), a large, bright room overlooking the town bandstand located one room back from the main highway. We did not notice the road noise at all. All the rooms are large (two of the "old" hotel rooms were combined to make each of the new rooms), upgraded with new electrical and plumbing and lovingly decorated. The room has a queen bed, a gas burning fireplace, seating facing the fireplace and additional seating, and various other antiques. There is champagne bubble tub (did not try it) in a separate alcove, a small bath with a shower. Overall the room was charming.

The thing that makes the Weaverville Hotel truely a gem is the care and attention to detail. Turn down service brings not pre-packaged mints, but delicious gourmet chocolate truffles. The soaps are unique and top quality. In the bath are comfy spa robes. The owner is very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sdtravelertoo
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and the great write-up on TripAdvisor! We meet such nice people in this business, and knowing how much they enjoy their stay here makes our work all worthwhile. Wishing you all the best for 2013!
Grass Valley, CA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place is a real find. It is right in the middle of town and close to restaurants and shops. The old hotel has been beautifully renovated with great attention to detail. The appointments in the rooms are first rate and the rooms are so cozy and comfortable. The owners seem genuinely interested in making your stay enjoyable. There are so many little things they have thought of to make your stay a pleasant one. And the beds are the most comfortable ever. My wife and I were really impressed with this hotel. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tntgv
When Brian and I bought the Weaverville Hotel in 2002, we didn't really realize how centrally located it is. Also, we have come to appreciate the history, and the fact that this whole end of town is on the national register of historic places. The whole process of renovation was major, but your comments make us realize once again that it was all worth while. Thank you so much for your kind words. May they come back to you ten-fold!
South Lake Tahoe, California
Reviewed November 16, 2012

What can I say! It's the BEST place you can imagine!! You're treated like royalty upon your arrival. You are made to feel like you're the only guest. The rooms are charming, full of antiques, the MOST comfortable feather beds, and don't forget the truffle left after they turn down your bed. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels including many 5 star without such elegant treatment. If you want pampering, make your reservation NOW!!!

Room Tip: The Grange Restaurant across the street is incredible!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank hrman835
I am late saying this about your review, but...Thank you, thank you, thank you! I and my staff work hard to make the magic happen, and when guests love it, well, it makes the effort all worthwhile. We hope to see you again some day. Till then, wishing you happy trails.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
The Whitmore Inn
Strawhouse Resorts & Cafe
49er Gold Country Inn
49er Gold Country Inn
#5 of 5 in Weaverville

Been to Weaverville Hotel & Emporium? Share your experiences!