“Terrific Home Base”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We stayed here for our Anniversary and chose this area for its great motorcycle roads. This was a last minute trip as we were seeking better weather and just happened upon the Weaverville Hotel on the town website. We love historic and old things so this was the perfect place for us. The service was outstanding and we were impressed by the attention to details (the bed had the softest sheets I have ever felt). The turn down service which included chocolate truffles was a very pleasant surprise. We stayed in the largest room which was more like an apartment and it made a great home for us during our three day stay. If you are looking for a unique and relaxing experience that is off the beaten track we would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HarleyAdams

Reviewed February 12, 2008

Spent a very pleasant and peaceful night at the Weaverville Hotel and Inn. Hotel is old but in excellent condition. The decor is pretty authentic and well coordinated. Comfortable bed with good linens and bedding. Loved the lace on the sheets in room 3. Sitting on the sofa reading a book and the warm glow from the fireplace made the room fell so cozy. The highlight was the bubble bath in the jetted champagne tub. It was a truly relaxing experience. They also provided spa-like robes for our use. The next morning we took a short stroll to the The Garden Cafe for a delicious breakfast. The hotel provided discount coupons. Kora - thanks again for the chocolate truffles and for your warm kindness.

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank Daisy62
Reviewed February 2, 2008

I was visiting Weaverville, CA, on business and needed a decent place to stay in this small town. After consulting the web and my clients in the town I decided on this hotel. I was a little wary of the fact that I would not have an in-room TV, but that vanished the minute I arrived. I was warmly welcomed by one of the hotel's owners, Jeanne Muir. The "lobby" was a warm, friendly sitting room with a fire going and books lining the walls. I quickly made friends with the resident cat.

Jeanne asked my musical preferences when I arrived and she promptly brought CDs to my room. After dropping off my belongings, I left to get dinner (using a coupon provided by the hotel). When I returned I found a large and delicious chocolate truffle waiting for me on my bed. Speaking of the bed, it was one of the most comfortable I have EVER slept in! The sheets were so incredibly soft I felt like I was sleeping in cloud!

I also had an in-room fireplace (electronically operated) for warmth and the spa bathtub was wonderful. I signed the log book after reading the notes of the travelers who had come before me.

All in all I had a wonderful stay and wished I could have stayed longer than my one night. I look forward to going back the next time I need a quiet, comfortable getaway!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2007

We stayed over Thanksgiving and had a lovely stay. I normally don't like "historic" places (which means "old" to me) but this hotel looks beautiful and antique, and feels new and clean at the same time. The bed was heavenly. Down pillows were just like I have at home. Turndown service with chocolate truffles. The gas fireplace was beautiful.

We stayed in Room 1, which overlooks Main Street and I believe is the largest room (and only one with a TV). With a nice size sitting area and kitchenette, we were able to host about 10 family members comfortably for a happy hour cocktail. Our whole stay was under $175/night and was a great deal considering how big and how nice it all was.

Main reason we stayed here is because it's right near all the stores and restaurants and the less expensive motels nearby are about 1/2 mile to 1 mile away. It was great, especially during the winter, to be steps away from your hotel and not have to get in the car. That's why we chose to stay there, but all the other reasons are why I would love to stay there again!

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Our second time to stay at this wonderful gem of a historic hotel. We stayed in the "Corona de Oro" room. It is one of the smaller rooms but very classy and clean. The bathroom is something out of a dollhouse. So cute.The bathtub is in its own separate room.

The small town of Weaverville is such a nice stop on any trip and the Hotel is THE place to stay. We ate breakfast at the Garden Cafe. YUM!!! The Hotel is for sale and we hope the new owners will love it as much as the Muirs' have.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We knew that Weaverville was an interesting place to visit, but we had no idea how nice of a place it is to spend some time, made even better by the lovely, and historic, Weaverville Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the town and to the hotel. The hotel room we got was their largest, and it was very comfortable. It felt more like a small apartment than a hotel room. It was spacious with a few rooms to use. We did see some of the other rooms and they looked very nice as well.

The owners and staff at the hotel are very friendly and accommodating, allowing us to store our wine purchases in our room until about 1 pm so that we did not have to put the wine in a hot car. They also went out of their way to provide us with information about the area and make suggestions for visits.

Although this is not a bed and breakfast property, they do give you a five dollar per person voucher to use at several restaurants in town, at least two within a short walking distance. The Garden Cafe was nice to go to.

Also, if you are there during the Wednesday through Sunday time frame, don't miss the Joss House State Historic Park (a Taoist Temple), and try to take part in a guided tour if one is available. If you like Chinese history and things related to China and ancient religions, you will especially enjoy this terrific historic site.

We highly recommend this hotel, one of the best we have stayed at during our 27 year marriage!.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2007

The Weaverville Hotel is an historic hotel that has been recently remodeled. My husband and I found it, and its owners, charming. We were in room number 3, which was very large with a claw-footed "champage" bath.

We also really enjoyed the Weaverville area, which was beautiful with lots of outdoor recreation. This town definitely merits a visit.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sadie101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
Indian Creek Lodge
#1 of 1 in Weaverville
49er Gold Country Inn
49er Gold Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Weaverville

Been to Weaverville Hotel & Emporium? Share your experiences!