“A wonderful experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As part of a 2 months driving tour around western USA we chose to stay a night in Weaverville. We're so glad we did and doubly glad that we selected the Weaverville Hotel a beuatifully maintained grand old hotel. Jeanne the proprietor could not have been more welcoming or helpful. She kindly upgraded us to the Honeymoon Suite (our 42nd honeymoon!) which was unforgettable and made us feel so welcome. Thank you Jeanne for being such a gracious hostess and for making our brief stay in your beautiful town so memorable. We highly recommend the Hotel to anyone intending to stay in Weaverville.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maragani
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We were honored to be part of your celebration of your anniversary. Wishing you many more happy years together!

Jeanne

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here one night on Labor Day weekend. The place oozes charm and has clearly been a labor of love for the owners. Historical details are everywhere, with a certain whimsy. Beds are comfortable, showers have great water pressure and tons of hot water.

Being an old building the floors may not always be level and the walls are kinda thin but, hey, that's the way they built 'em back then.

I can recommend this place without hesitation to anyone who wants to experience the charm of the old west in this historic town.

I'll definitely stay at the Weaverville Hotel again next time I'm passing this way and have recommended it without hesitation to friends.

I have to make a special mention of the owners. You could not wish to meet a finer pair of Americans anywhere. It is very rare to feel such an authentic welcome. Great people!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Main Street are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank nigel777
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I decided a while back it was time to acknowledge positive reviews too, and your kind words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you SO much. Life is a mirror: when you smile it usually smiles back. I bet you get a LOT of smiles! Happy trails to you... Jeanne

Reviewed September 3, 2012

On a road trip to visit old friends and places from my husband's past and stopped at the Weaverville Hotel to see if they had a room available. This historic inn has been in business since the mid-1800's and was recently restored. Our room was charming, comfortable and quiet. Jeanne was gracious and helpful, taking time to tell us about the inn's history and a run-down of the restaurants in town. If you like historic small relaxing, we recommend the Weaverville hotel and town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mamapajamamac
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Whenever I get discouraged, I go upstairs and read from our room journals, or go online and read reviews from people like you. I love my work and you (and others like you) are a big part of the reason why that is true. Thanks again, and with best regards, Jeanne

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed staying here on multiple occasions. The innkeepers are very personable and friendly and the rooms are comfortable and relaxing. The building, decor, and even the music bring you back in time. The claw-foot bathtubs are wonderful and the lounge or outside swings are wonderful for relaxing with a glass of wine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kasong
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you SO much for the kind words which validate all we try to do here at the Weaverville Hotel. I had gotten in the habit of only responding to negative feedback, but that seems so wrong. People like you who encourage and inspire those around you deserve a pat on the back too. Your kindness spreads and grows, making this old world a better place. Life is indeed a mirror and I know you see a great deal of happiness coming your way. Thanks again and with warm regards,
Jeanne Muir and the staff of the Weaverville Hotel

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The number one criteria in choosing an hotel or B&B for us (or anybody with a sound mind) is:

Can you sleep at night? If not! As well sleep in your car in a quiet setting .It will be cheaper!

Since this hotel is on Main street (Highway 299) a well travelled road, I doubted very much it is as quiet as most reviews have suggested, if your room is facing that main street!

I sent them an e-mail inquiring ,which rooms were facing the Street and the ones in the back if any.

Having not received a response, I send them a second one in case they missed the first.

Their non response to both of them, tells me what I have suspected from the start, that any hotel located on a main street is going to be noisy .

Why have a contact e-mail, if you do not bother to respond?

I could not stay in a hotel with a management that is not up front about it. What else will they do if you stay there?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peacefullcalifornia

I am so sorry for your negative experience. We take great pride in answering all email in a timely fashion, part of our effort to provide real hospitality in an increasingly stressful and fast-paced world, but yours seems to have fallen through the cracks. (I do wonder why you did not contact us via our 800 number. )

The only lodging not on Main Street in Weaverville is the Red Hill Motel, a particular favorite of fishermen, and with the best prices in town. Next time you are in Weaverville you will want to consider it. It is a 1950's style motel with individual cabins.

Again my apologies and with best regards,

Jeanne Muir
The Weaverville Hotel & Emporium

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had an absolutely perfect two-night stay at the Weaverville Hotel and Emporium. Jeanne and Brian are cordial hosts, the hotel is deeply historic (in continuous operation for 150 years), beautifully furnished, and comfortably quiet. And it is right in the middle of the fascinating town of Weaverville, whose history (gold mining, Chinese immigration, California frontier) is everywhere, and whose very good restaurants and shops are always only a few steps away. A+

Room Tip: All are superb (and quiet). The Governor's Suite is splendid!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles J
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Exactly what DoctorPoisson said, including the 300 miles of twisties per day. We really enjoyed this trip back in time. Very well restored and the people couldn't have been nicer. The only negative for motorcycles was parking. We parked on the street with no problems.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Robert W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
The Whitmore Inn
#2 of 3 in Lewiston
49er Gold Country Inn
49er Gold Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Weaverville

Been to Weaverville Hotel & Emporium? Share your experiences!