Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Indian Creek Lodge(Douglas City)(Great Value!)
$105
TripAdvisor
Travel Inn(Redding)
$66
Sundial Lodge(Redding)(Great Value!)
$65
$65
$60
Travelodge Redding CA(Redding)(Great Value!)
$98
$92
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsla grangesitting roomironed sheetsbeautiful antique furnishingsgas log fireplacede orogingerbread cookieswelcoming hotelsoaking tubgold rush townloved this hotelbed and breakfastfavorite hoteli highly recommend this hotelgold countrychinese historycomfortable beds
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed staying here on multiple occasions. The innkeepers are very personable and friendly and the rooms are comfortable and relaxing. The building, decor, and even the music bring you back in time. The claw-foot bathtubs are wonderful and the lounge or outside swings are wonderful for relaxing with a glass of wine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kasong
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you SO much for the kind words which validate all we try to do here at the Weaverville Hotel. I had gotten in the habit of only responding to negative feedback, but that seems so wrong. People like you who encourage and inspire those around you deserve a pat on the back too. Your kindness spreads and grows, making this old world a better place. Life is indeed a mirror and I know you see a great deal of happiness coming your way. Thanks again and with warm regards,
Jeanne Muir and the staff of the Weaverville Hotel

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The number one criteria in choosing an hotel or B&B for us (or anybody with a sound mind) is:

Can you sleep at night? If not! As well sleep in your car in a quiet setting .It will be cheaper!

Since this hotel is on Main street (Highway 299) a well travelled road, I doubted very much it is as quiet as most reviews have suggested, if your room is facing that main street!

I sent them an e-mail inquiring ,which rooms were facing the Street and the ones in the back if any.

Having not received a response, I send them a second one in case they missed the first.

Their non response to both of them, tells me what I have suspected from the start, that any hotel located on a main street is going to be noisy .

Why have a contact e-mail, if you do not bother to respond?

I could not stay in a hotel with a management that is not up front about it. What else will they do if you stay there?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peacefullcalifornia

I am so sorry for your negative experience. We take great pride in answering all email in a timely fashion, part of our effort to provide real hospitality in an increasingly stressful and fast-paced world, but yours seems to have fallen through the cracks. (I do wonder why you did not contact us via our 800 number. )

The only lodging not on Main Street in Weaverville is the Red Hill Motel, a particular favorite of fishermen, and with the best prices in town. Next time you are in Weaverville you will want to consider it. It is a 1950's style motel with individual cabins.

Again my apologies and with best regards,

Jeanne Muir
The Weaverville Hotel & Emporium

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had an absolutely perfect two-night stay at the Weaverville Hotel and Emporium. Jeanne and Brian are cordial hosts, the hotel is deeply historic (in continuous operation for 150 years), beautifully furnished, and comfortably quiet. And it is right in the middle of the fascinating town of Weaverville, whose history (gold mining, Chinese immigration, California frontier) is everywhere, and whose very good restaurants and shops are always only a few steps away. A+

Room Tip: All are superb (and quiet). The Governor's Suite is splendid!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles J
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Exactly what DoctorPoisson said, including the 300 miles of twisties per day. We really enjoyed this trip back in time. Very well restored and the people couldn't have been nicer. The only negative for motorcycles was parking. We parked on the street with no problems.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Robert W
Reviewed June 23, 2012

After two days of riding 300+ miles on the twisties of PCH and the mountain pass of 299, the warm reception at the Weaverville Hotel & Emporium seemed like stepping back into a pristine 19th century luxury hotel. Like a meticulously restored automobile, you can see the care taken in resurrecting this 150 year old hotel to its original form. The hotel is clean, packed with history, with some concealed modern amenities - but is true to the period. The owner quickly showed us around the hotel upon arrival, but sensing we were tired got us up to our rooms quickly. The beds are surprisingly comfortable and you could spend an afternoon exploring the historical books and memorabilia throughout the hotel, especially the sitting room. Upon arriving back from dinner, on the bed was a hand made truffle along with some literature about the area and the hotel. The owner obviously has a lot of pride as she should. For the money, I was blown away. I have stayed at 4 Seasons that showed less care. What a great place. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All you can eat ribs across the street! Use your Weaverville dollars!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends