“Green Valley Grill Is Now Closed”
Review of Green Valley Grill - CLOSED

Green Valley Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

After a long and successful run, ownership changed; it didn't work; it's closed. I'm writing more only to meet the 100 character minimum, but all I wanted to say is "It has closed."

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had dinner here and my wife and I both loved our meals. The beer and wine selection was subpar however. We were there on an August Saturday night and it looked to be a little underutilized. I'm not that familiar with Watsonville, but the location seemed to be lacking - a little out of the way and crammed into the end of a street. It is reasonably convenient if you are staying at the Best Western or the Best Value Inn.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I hate to complain, but I am sorry to say that what was once a great restaurant here in Watsonville is just not that great anymore. In fact, I probably won't go back. We have dined here often over the last 12 years and ever since they moved to a new location, not only did their ambiance change drastically, so did their food.
Tonight was my wife's birthday diner and we decided to stay local, it being a work night and all. She always has enjoyed the panchetta wraped prawns at GV grill. But tonight they came out with little to no panchetta on them. In fact we had to put our eye glasses on and still could not see any. The waitress insisted it was on there, apparently they were using a thinner panchetta and it melted, according to her. My wife explained that this was her favorite dish she has been ordering it for the past 12 years we have been coming here. They remade the prawns and doubled up the panchette, which came out OK. But of course I am finished with my meal by that time and it just killed the whole dining experience for us already. The waitress who claimed to be the manager also did not know while taking my order, that they were out of NY steak. I settled for the wood fired grilled skirt steak when she returned. But believe me, it was lacking flavor and I honestly did not taste the wood fire flavor that they had at their old establishment. I"M not even sure that their new facility has a wood fire grill, because I sure couldn't taste it.
I cannot say anything bad about the service though. Our busboy kept our water full and offered us more bread. But the damage was already done I'M sorry to say. I know things aren't always as they used to be, but just such a disappointment for us on this night of all nights.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Food was amazing... best shirt steak in the area! Service was great and the price was reasonable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

GVG has moved from the Penny Ln location to the frontage road off Main St next to the Cowboy Cafe. Watsonville is awash in Mexican, most good to excellent, some Chinese and Japanese, but very few American. For a city of 50,000 there's not much---the Wooden Nickel, Roger's Diner and maybe Norma's. GVG is by far the nicest (and most expensive) of these.
My friend loves their pesto pasta ($10 at lunch) and I had a very good burger and side for the same price. The meals at lunch run pretty much from $10 to just under $20. The service was excellent and they seem to be quite busy.