“Gets everything right”

Best Western Rose Garden Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Watsonville
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I just stayed here three nights on business. The hotel is a bargain with big rooms, full duvet style sheets, good wifi, decent desk, nice decor, and very quiet. Some rooms face out into a blank wall across the outside walkway - don't stay there. The set of rooms facing east around the back are the best, quiet and private. Hotel has a decent breakfast, good exercise room, and tepid hot tub. Great front desk service. Perhaps the best feature is the location. Easy walking to a few good restaurants. Fast access to both the downtown and the commercial strip. I will stay here again

Room Tip: East facing rooms out back. Avoid rooms facing out into dark corridor. Cowboy Kitchen good for break...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at Best Western Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear JeremiahJ223,

Thank you for your kind words.
We always appreciate when we get good feedback about our property and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Checked into this hotel and was amazed at the room. Very clean and good beds, excellent towels and linen. My family loved the decoration especially the vanity unit. Breakfast was simple but enough to get us going. Would recommend and definitely stay again.

Room Tip: No lifts, so stay on ground floor if you have a lot of luggage
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at Best Western Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Rob_Spain01,

I am very happy your entire family enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Watsonville!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff upon check-in. Very clean, remodeled rooms. Excellent breakfast items. Great value and very accommodating staff. We will definitely be returning for future trip for this same event and also when we go to Santa Cruz again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Sharon S,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your lovely review. Which event in our area did you come into Watsonville for? We'd love to hear more from you!

We look forward to having you as a future guest on your trip back.

Have a Happy Halloween!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Arrived and found the Internet reservation was for one bed and not two. Hotel staff was very accommodating and put us in a room with two beds the first night and helped release us from the Internet reservation for the second night because they did not have any rooms to accommodate us.

Room Tip: Ahead of arrival make sure you specify the # of beds needed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at Best Western Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Mr. Plotkinms,

I am glad our staff was accommodating to your needs. Do you remember which staff member who helped you? I'd like to share this review with them letting them know they did a great job.

If your ever back in the area please do not hesitate to call us directly, we would be more than happy to reserve a room for you over the phone. That way a confusing internet rate can be avoided.

Thank you for taking the time to let the public know how your stay was, our staff greatly appreciates it!

Have a great day and safe travels,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked a room for the week of the Santa Cruz County Fair. My experience from check-in to check-out was excellent. My room had a full size bed, which was just perfect for me. But what I loved was the room had these great splashes of color! The walls, sink, etc. From a business standpoint, I did not have to unplug anything to plug in my computer.

The room was also quiet at night with a very comfortable bed. I slept well each night and was ready to go for the day ahead.

As for the location, I was able to walk to excellent restaurants. I always felt safe walking around which I cannot always say about some hotels I've stayed at in the past.

While I was here for business, I would be more than happy to bring my wife and family here to stay..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at Best Western Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Improvor,

Thank you for all your kind words! Our staff loves having great feedback as we do strive to make every experience a great one. Were you a vender at the fair? or did you have some livestock? We would love to know about your stay! Every September is our county fair and we hope to have you as our guest next year!

Have a great day,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Haven't actually stayed here but phoned to enquiry about room availability. The woman I spoke to had a very poor telephone manner and was offhand which completely put me off staying. I phoned on a Tuesday for a room the following Saturday i.e. four days ahead and was told that I would have to pay immediately and would be unable to cancel - ridiculous to have such a cancellation policy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr.Biggles51,

I am sorry your experience was less than pleasant with us. Our facility does a courtesy call four days ahead of arrival to make sure we will still be expecting you as our guest. I am unsure of who you spoke to but we do not charge your card over the phone ever. We do however need a credit card to hold and guarantee your room. Upon arrival that's when we authorize the provided credit card with a valid identification. We do not actually charge your card until check out. If you have any further question please do not hesitate to call me. Have a great day!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights with our kids. We got the best suite, with a nice patio and beautiful bathroom sink. The room was clean, staff was nice. The only negative is the breakfast. They have only pre-wrapped sandwiches, boiled eggs, cereal, some bakery items and fruits. Our suite had a full kitchen, although it did not have enough utensils, but they provided plastic ones upon asking. Location is good, short 10 minute drive to Santa Cruz and about 1 hour 20 minutes to San Francisco. All in all a nice hotel for a big family.

Room Tip: The big room with the patio has 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa. This room was quiet, even th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watsonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville
Rio Sands Hotel
#2 of 6 in Aptos
Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn

Been to Best Western Rose Garden Inn? Share your experiences!