“Good place accommodating staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn

BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Watsonville
NorCal
“Good place accommodating staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Arrived and found the Internet reservation was for one bed and not two. Hotel staff was very accommodating and put us in a room with two beds the first night and helped release us from the Internet reservation for the second night because they did not have any rooms to accommodate us.

Room Tip: Ahead of arrival make sure you specify the # of beds needed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Mr. Plotkinms,

I am glad our staff was accommodating to your needs. Do you remember which staff member who helped you? I'd like to share this review with them letting them know they did a great job.

If your ever back in the area please do not hesitate to call us directly, we would be more than happy to reserve a room for you over the phone. That way a confusing internet rate can be avoided.

Thank you for taking the time to let the public know how your stay was, our staff greatly appreciates it!

Have a great day and safe travels,

Rachel C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked a room for the week of the Santa Cruz County Fair. My experience from check-in to check-out was excellent. My room had a full size bed, which was just perfect for me. But what I loved was the room had these great splashes of color! The walls, sink, etc. From a business standpoint, I did not have to unplug anything to plug in my computer.

The room was also quiet at night with a very comfortable bed. I slept well each night and was ready to go for the day ahead.

As for the location, I was able to walk to excellent restaurants. I always felt safe walking around which I cannot always say about some hotels I've stayed at in the past.

While I was here for business, I would be more than happy to bring my wife and family here to stay..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Improvor,

Thank you for all your kind words! Our staff loves having great feedback as we do strive to make every experience a great one. Were you a vender at the fair? or did you have some livestock? We would love to know about your stay! Every September is our county fair and we hope to have you as our guest next year!

Have a great day,
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Haven't actually stayed here but phoned to enquiry about room availability. The woman I spoke to had a very poor telephone manner and was offhand which completely put me off staying. I phoned on a Tuesday for a room the following Saturday i.e. four days ahead and was told that I would have to pay immediately and would be unable to cancel - ridiculous to have such a cancellation policy.

Dear Mr.Biggles51,

I am sorry your experience was less than pleasant with us. Our facility does a courtesy call four days ahead of arrival to make sure we will still be expecting you as our guest. I am unsure of who you spoke to but we do not charge your card over the phone ever. We do however need a credit card to hold and guarantee your room. Upon arrival that's when we authorize the provided credit card with a valid identification. We do not actually charge your card until check out. If you have any further question please do not hesitate to call me. Have a great day!

Best Wishes,

Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights with our kids. We got the best suite, with a nice patio and beautiful bathroom sink. The room was clean, staff was nice. The only negative is the breakfast. They have only pre-wrapped sandwiches, boiled eggs, cereal, some bakery items and fruits. Our suite had a full kitchen, although it did not have enough utensils, but they provided plastic ones upon asking. Location is good, short 10 minute drive to Santa Cruz and about 1 hour 20 minutes to San Francisco. All in all a nice hotel for a big family.

Room Tip: The big room with the patio has 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa. This room was quiet, even th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Southern New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Everything we wanted to do and see was close by and easy to get to: Sunset and Manresa beaches, the Santa Cruz wharf, Monterey and the aquarium, AT&T Park for a ballgame. When we were at the hotel between adventures we enjoyed the lovely and relaxing atmosphere. The grounds are garden-like, with a clean pool and hot tub. The breakfast room was cheerful and welcoming, with a wide choice of self-serve foods. The decor inside and out was thoughtful, lovely, welcoming, comfortable. We are an older couple, but we met business people, single people, friends vacationing together, and families in the breakfast room, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.
We booked this stay via hotwire and probably couldn't have afforded it for five nights otherwise, but it was definitely worth the going rate, and we would like to stay there again!

Room Tip: More parking space in the back section, off the main entrance.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Mr. Two Tacos,
I am so happy you enjoyed our property as well as all our local amenities. Judging from your profile picture it seems you travel a lot and I am happy that from all your travels that we were a 5 star pic in your eyes! We do hope you visit us on your next trip to Watsonville and I hope you had a lovely summer!

Morro Bay, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

The neighborhood of the hotel was not that great, but when you get inside the room looked really nice which was a pleasant surprise. The WiFi connection was spotty, the remote control to the TV didn't work that well, and the heater was on the blink. The first night we turned on the heater it made loud noises on and off which made it very hard to sleep. We finally turned it off. The second night we turned it on to get the room warm before going to bed, but then an awful smell started coming from it so we turned it off immediately and had to air out the room. Other than those things our stay was good. Like I said the room looked really nice and the bed was comfortable.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Simi Valley, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked this hotel because my wife was attending a teaching conference at a school nearby. This was listed as the top hotel in the city by AAA and seemed to be the only one that allowed 4 people in the room as the HIE only had a max of 3. Had reservations for an expanded room with whirlpool, fireplace, and sofabed (for the kids). It was a complete disappointment. I've stayed in hotels where the bathroom was bigger than the entire room here. With two adults and two kids the room was cramped and you could barely around in the room when the sofa bed was unfolded. I will say that the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. However, I could get a better breakfast at a gas station convenience store. This place left me wondering where is the "Plus" in this Best Western Plus hotel.

Room Tip: Based upon comments from friends this was actually luxury compared to other hotels in Watsonville...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Mr. BigGuido,
I am sorry you were disappointed with your room. It sounds like you booked our whirl-tub/ fire place suite which is typically popular with honeymooners or couples but it does have the sofa sleeper too so if the room was squishy I apologize. Also our continental breakfast meets the standards that Best Western sets for us which includes fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breakfast sandwiches/croissants/ bagels, sweet pastries, and a waffle iron to make your own waffles. Was there something missing that day? I'd love to know so that I can correct the situation asap. Thank you for your feedback.
Rachel C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watsonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville
#5 of 10 in Watsonville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Capitola By-the-Sea Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Seacliff Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Forest Park Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn? Share your experiences!