“My second Home”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Watsonville
Watsonville
“My second Home”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

All I have to say is LOVE IT the staff are good decent and very professional and always have a smile on their faces when i came walking through the door.
I recommend staying the night weekend...Pass the word..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I booked a room with Comfort Inn through a 20 room wedding block 6 weeks prior to the wedding event. I received a great rate of $70 a night (rooms at the time of booking were posted online for $90 a night). 2 weeks prior to the wedding, I received a call from Ana at Comfort Inn explaining that the 20 room minimum had not been met, so I had 3 hours to confirm whether I would accept a new rate of $150 a night or my reservation would be canceled. I stated that I understood she could not longer offer the $70 rate, but kindly asked if she would consider giving me the $90 a night fee which is what I would have paid if I had booked online (versus through the room block) on the same day. Ana refused to consider the request, and refused to transfer me to a manager when I explained I thought my request was reasonable and wanted to speak to a manager about it. I called the customer service number for Choice Hotels (parent company for Comfort Inn) and was kindly told that each Comfort Inn is individually operated so I could not be helped. The Choice Hotel customer service rep was nice enough to give me the manager's name for the Comfort Inn in Watsonville. I did not call the manager because later that day, I received another call from Ana explaining she had made some calls and that she could revert back to offering me the $70 a day rate. Great - but not so fast. 5 days later, I get another call from Ana, now stating that she could no longer hold my room for me, unless I agreed to pay $120 a night. I canceled because I find Ana's service to be unprofessional and was uncertain whether she would continue to raise the rates for the room as she pleased. I will give Ana credit for calling to let me know about the room rate upgrades.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Watsonville hotels

california
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I would recommend this location for anyone visiting Monterey, Watsonville or Santa Cruz as it is a nice clean environment central to all locations.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank beachbumcali
West Coast, USA
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I spent a Saturday night here while chaperoning a volleyball tournament. We knew we would have a problematic stay when we pulled into the parking lot and saw four young adults drinking. (By the way, the parking lot is behind the hotel and not visible from the street.) Several young adults had reserved a room or rooms and there was partying all night long. Didn't get to sleep until after midnight, and was awoken at 1:00 and 5:30 by the revelers jumping up and down in their rooms and running down the hallways. We found out the next morning that one of our five rooms had the smoke detector torn out and another had a non-working phone. Complimentary breakfast was ok--beware that "eggs" means cold hardboiled eggs. I would stay in Gilroy next time and avoid Watsonville altogether.

Stayed February 2009
sima131, GM at Comfort Inn Watsonville, responded to this review, May 27, 2009
I am so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. We strive to provide the best service and it is very important for us to hear form our guest so we can correct any problems that may occur. We accommodate hundreds of people each year and sometimes we have to deal with people that are less considerate than others. Again please accept our sincerest apology.
San Jose
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I stayed here for 4 weeks, during the week (no weekends), because it was close to my jobsite and had pretty good reviews.

Pros: Friendly staff. Nice, albeit plain, room. At night there was often family or friends of staff hanging around the lobby, but they were respectfull. Fairly quiet. Psuedo industrial part of town next to the small airport, but no flights at night and there was a couple places to eat or gather supplies within walking distance. Safe 'hood, but I wouldn't say "inviting".

Cons: 3rd floor hallway has overpowering cleaner smell (inside the room was OK). Stains on carpet in hallway and a few stained doorfronts. Not a good first impression going to my room(s), but OK once inside.

Breakfast was very basic and often wasn't fully stocked by the 6:30 opening time. Even 6:30 was pushing it for my schedule, so it was usually coffee and go. Did have waffles (which is nowadays a "deluxe" continental I suppose), but minimum fruit, no yogurt, etc. Just not much to throw in the ice chest and go. Hard-boiled eggs were available about 1/2 the time. No idea if they were available later in the shift.

Internet connection was in a word terrible. I'd hoped to get some computer work done, but the connection was unreliable. Would be decent one minute, then slow to a crawl. Over my stay(s), made several attempts with both staff and 1-800 number to fix. Results were variable. If you need high speed access for work, find another place. If you just want to browse the net and can put up with frustrating reliability, it works.

I'm going to try a different place for the next couple weeks. I wouldn't say "don't come here", but I wouldn't say "jump in" either. I travel a lot for business, but it's all blue-collar stuff ($100 +/-). I've stayed at numerous places that seem a great value and others where I was glad it was only a night or two. This place was somewhere between.

• Liked — Comfy room
  • Disliked — i'net was hosed.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank EngTech
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I picked this hotel because I wanted a hotel in the Watsonville/Freedom area and this one seemed to have the best reviews. It's a little more expensive but it's newer and well located. The staff , the continental breakfast and the free internet were all good. It doesn't have good wireless internet but the front desk provides a free ethernet cable which works well. Within a minutes' drive there is a shopping center with a Safeway food store that makes its own shushi and sashimi fresh on-site. We ate this a couple times for lunch during our 4-day stay and found it spectacular for freshness and price. In the hotel's directory there is an advertisement for The Apple Restaurant. Don't miss this! It specializes in eggs benedict and has 10 or 15 different types. I found the crab cake eggs benedict excellent.

• Liked — Newer facilities
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 9, 2008

I travel to Watsonville almost every week to see my granddaughter. Everyone at the Comfort Inn Watsonville are so friendly and accomodating I can't say enough. There have been times when my reservation was not received due to a glitch from a travel agency, but they still had a room for me. I have never been turned down. There are times I need early check in and/or late check out and they always say "Yes". Many times I need to check out very early in the morning (3am).....someone is always there. Everyone calls me by name and makes me feel right at home.
Thank you Comfort Inn Watsonville!

• Liked — location and staff
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Grandma2u
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watsonville
BEST WESTERN Rose Garden Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Capitola By-the-Sea Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 9 in Marina

Been to Comfort Inn Watsonville? Share your experiences!