“Nice and worth the price”

Comfort Inn Watsonville
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Watsonville
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I picked this hotel because I wanted a hotel in the Watsonville/Freedom area and this one seemed to have the best reviews. It's a little more expensive but it's newer and well located. The staff , the continental breakfast and the free internet were all good. It doesn't have good wireless internet but the front desk provides a free ethernet cable which works well. Within a minutes' drive there is a shopping center with a Safeway food store that makes its own shushi and sashimi fresh on-site. We ate this a couple times for lunch during our 4-day stay and found it spectacular for freshness and price. In the hotel's directory there is an advertisement for The Apple Restaurant. Don't miss this! It specializes in eggs benedict and has 10 or 15 different types. I found the crab cake eggs benedict excellent.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed February 9, 2008

I travel to Watsonville almost every week to see my granddaughter. Everyone at the Comfort Inn Watsonville are so friendly and accomodating I can't say enough. There have been times when my reservation was not received due to a glitch from a travel agency, but they still had a room for me. I have never been turned down. There are times I need early check in and/or late check out and they always say "Yes". Many times I need to check out very early in the morning (3am).....someone is always there. Everyone calls me by name and makes me feel right at home.
Thank you Comfort Inn Watsonville!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Grandma2u
Reviewed February 6, 2008

This hotel is quiet and has an excellent staff! I stay here once a month for business. I have stayed in most of the hotels in Watsonville and feel this is the best one. I stay here at least once a month for business and have always had a good stay.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank hammerpe33
Reviewed February 1, 2008

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn last month when my aunt was in the hospital. It was a very difficult time for us and the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. The hotel was clean and they had a wonderfull breakfast with fresh hot waffles every morning..my kids loved it! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank Susan17
Reviewed July 15, 2007

I just stayed here and had a very bad experience. The front desk person was very nice upon arriving but that was the last pleasant experience of our stay. When we finally got into bed, the blanket smelled of men's cologne. I was already asleep when my daughter discovered this, so instead of waking me, she just put up with it. We requested a refund for the second nights stay since we did not plan on staying in that situation. The front desk was very rude, insisting the blanket did not smell, although even when requested to smell the blanket themselves, they refused. We left by 9:30 am so they had plenty of notice to fill the room that evening if they were able. I was told even if they did, they would not refund the room charge. I called the supervisor the first day she was there and have been told by her that there is no problem with smelling a mans cologne on the blanket. They continue to insist the blanket was changed and that sometimes a perfume does not come out after being washed. I have never had that problem and have told them it is not acceptable to have this as their level of service. I will not be receiving a refund from them even though we did not stay. The tub/shower was not usable as a tub since there was no way of plugging the drain. Breakfast had stale croissants which were inedible. I would not suggest to anyone to stay here. Find someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank bordercollienut
Reviewed July 14, 2006

This was a very clean motel. Frontdesk people were very friendly. Computer in main lobby for use. No pool but the room had a frig/microwave. It was a little loud until 10 p.m. due to the location - it is on the main road into Watsonville.

3  Thank Debra M
Subhash P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Watsonville, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Thanks for staying with us

Reviewed October 13, 2005

We stayed at this motel for four nights in October. At first I was hesitant as there were no reviews posted at this site (a situation I now intend to remedy), but as the property was only three years old, we took a chance. What a pleasant surprise this turned out to be! The motel is exceptionally clean and cheerful, with a free internet computer in the lobby. A free, expanded continental breakfast is included which features sausage, hot cereal, and hash browns as well as the standard continental breakfast items. The breakfast room is kept open all day for guest use, and two of the nights we brought in deli items from a nearby supermarket and had dinner in the breakfast room. Tableware, plates, bowls, cups, coffee, fruit and cereal are available in the breakfast room all day.

The staff really makes the place special, especially Rosalie, the General Manager, and Maria, the Executive Housekeeper, who both go the extra mile to make guests comfortable and at home, and to provide for any special needs.

The Comfort Inn Watsonville is an excellent choice, whether you are staying in Watsonville for several days or just passing through.

14  Thank ellieca

Thanks for staying with us

Also consider these accommodations in or near Watsonville
Best Western Rose Garden Inn
#3 of 10 in Watsonville
Pajaro Dunes Resort
Pajaro Dunes Resort
#1 of 2 in Watsonville

Been to Comfort Inn Watsonville? Share your experiences!