“Very Good”

The Fish House Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Watsonville
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anchorage, Alaska
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was my first time to visit this restaurant and I enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and attentive.The food was fresh and ample in size. There was a variety of seafood, along with beef and chicken dishes available. The price was fair. I will go back. I think it was as good or better than many of the seafood restaurants in Monterey or Santa Cruz.

• Visited October 2013

NorCal
“As good as any on the Monterey Peninsular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Really liked - the staff as friendly as the food is good and the food is really good. I had the eggplant and calamari parmigiana - so good I ate too much and still couldn't finish. I recommend getting a soup or salad and sharing the entree with a friend.

Visited October 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Best seafood in the county.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Was told by a business colleague that I have to give this new place a try. Initial reviews on Yelp weren't stellar and I figured it was because they were still pretty new and all new places have to get their wrinkles out. I was promised by my friend that I'd love it. I'm a commercial fisherman so he knows I know fish. I went a few weeks ago with my honey. It was better than I was led to believe. It was great! Service seemed pretty good to me. Didn't have to wait long for a table and the table was visited pretty much non-stop throughout the meal. The food was done to perfection. Had the fried calamari and oysters on the half shell for appetizers. Perfect. Had the lamb chops (I eat a lot of fish already) best I've ever had. My honey had the white seabass and it was done to perfection and tasty fresh.

That was a few weeks ago. Tonight I went again and had the fried calamari then the sauteed calamari appetizers. No one in this county does it better. I promise. I eat everywhere from Gildas, Lillians, Severinos, even the old Theo's, Au Midi, you name it, they're all good but for seafood... this place is good as it gets hands down.

Can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank tom d
Laramie Wyoming
“Good service, nice decor,excellent seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Intrigued by BBQ baby octopus as an appetizer which did not disappoint. My husband's snapper and my halibut were very good as was the choice of wine. Decor was attractive and server was very attentive. A little pricey but hey-where are you going to find BBQ baby octopus on a menu? Good date night place.

• Visited August 2013
Southern New Mexico
“Amazing variety, gourmet quality, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The name "Fish House Bar and Grill" is a great understatement. When you enter you find a wall of wines, white linens, an extensive bar, cordial and well-trained wait staff, and perhaps higher prices than you expected from the exterior. We ordered something we could afford and were not treated with disdain(!); our food was delicious, skillfully prepared and well presented. Our waiters were enthusiastic and courteous. We were dressed very casually, but you could easily enjoy this place all dressed up for a romantic evening or a special family occasion.
Don't be fooled by the name---it's no ordinary "fish house"!

Visited August 2013