“Nice room.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Watsonville
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst travelling around America, the room was very nice, no complaint's, the breakfast was very good, on the whole a pleasant night's stay, would stay again if in the area..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CheshireDenise
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We found ourselves in dire need of a place to stay when every place south of here to Monterey was full on an August Saturday night, so we didn't have time to research the amenities. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and courteous, but I guess I thought that we'd still get a coffee maker and kleenex in the room. I'm sure this place is a bit cheaper than the Best Western down the street, but really? It is not conveniently located to a variety of restaurants, so unless you really like to walk you will have to drive. The breakfast items in the office is minimal, and the parking is very tight, so if you drive a big truck or an SUV, be ready for a challenge. All in all, I would only recommend this place for a single night stay on your way to somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank parksvisitor
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Upon check-in the service was friendly. The room was very simple and plain and completely outdated. The bath tub had stains around the drain outlet. There is very little parking and not enough parking for everyone when the vacancy is full. We had to block in their laundry entrance since there was no partking available when we returned from the boardwalk late at night. The breakfast is almost non existant and the only choices were apples, oranges, and Otis Spunkmeyer miniature muffins and the muffins were all gone and were not refilled. The coffee was empty and no cereals, milk, hot chocolate, tea, or juices. The room was very expensive for it's poor quality. The beds were average but the motel walls were paper thin and we could hear our neighbors talking in plain voices. We ended up having to go buy breakfast for my family of four after we checked out. So do yourself a favor and pay the extra money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank jasonwg71
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have stayed at this chain before. However, This location was possibly the worst motel experience I have had in my life. My better half and myself were in town for a function and on a tight schedule. We wanted to get checked in get ready and go to the function. First off, we were given a tiny room. Smaller than a motel 6 room. There was only one towel in the room. No soap no shampoo. After receiving missing items attempted to shower. shower handle came off. was able to get it back on and finished getting ready. after returning from function a few hours later, went and requested a different room. Was told the other rooms were even smaller. Do not think that was really possible..stayed with original room.That night we call for an extra pillow. A guy shows up at the door with two pillows was not friendly at all. On top of it the pillows reeked of curry. Not a surprise since the office smells the same way. The next morning called at 8:40 for fresh towels. rudely asked can you wait til 9:00 when the maid gets in. Then tried to use WI-FI connection .( used the first day no problen just a little slow) Second day could not connect. tried for nearly 30 minutes. went to office and asked is there a new password because it was not working. Lady says no mine works. I said I cannot connect. Again she says mine works. Pulled out my phone typed in password in front of her. received the message could not connect to server. and she responds mine works again.I said can the router or modem possibly be re started? Again.........mine works. I then begin walking out letting her know she is rude and she starts raising her voice with me saying we do everything for you and so on. I said I am your guest. she then says well it could take a couple minutes to find out what is going on. Wow really? maybe she should have said that first? Not (mine is working) The whole time she has her voice raised at me and talking sternly. Then upon check out. went to return key and heard the same lady telling another gentlemen the coffee machine did not work. Considering the free continental breakfast is a plastic wrapped danish and coffee that's pretty bad. Overall a very very bad experience here. Room was bad Customer service was very bad Some of the clientele looked very shady to say the least. parking is really tight. I honestly cannot think of anything positive here. Just avoid this place. Go down the street to motel 6. They may be basic but at least you know exactly what you're getting.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We spend one night here and in served its purposed completely. Not much to see in Watsonville, though

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank docamm24
Reviewed December 19, 2011

It´s a basic place, but works fine. Rooms are decent, and staff was actually very helpful.
The only annoying thing was that the internet didn´t work in our room. It worked when I went to the reception, so the room must have been outside the signal area..

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Reisefoten
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Great value for the price, clean and friendly service. In close proximity to the beach and friendly staff! Would definitley recommend staying here if you are on a budget but want great service!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jennifer R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watsonville
Best Western Rose Garden Inn
Best Western Seacliff Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 54 in Santa Cruz

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!