“Top Holiday Inn!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Top Holiday Inn!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Location - our family of 3 was there for a wedding in Aptos and instead of staying at a rundown motel in the Santa Cruz area (where there are some great beaches), for the same price or less, we opted for the Watsonville Holiday Inn just a 15 min drive away. It is also just a 30 min drive to the Gilroy outlets. It's quiet, away from the main road. But also conveniently near stores (Target, etc) and some restaurants.
Room - we were given a (very clean) suite with a sofabed, TV, kitchenette, small breakfast area, separated from the bedroom with king-size bed, another TV and the bathroom. Free internet too.
Amenities - didn't use the pool but passed it and it seemed to be always busy with kids and parents. Did not get to use the fitness centre but appeared minimal and clean.
Breakfast - decent fare.
Front desk - efficient and friendly.
I would definitely stay here again. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Francisco
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This place is great. My room is across from the elevator, the hotel is full, and I hear nothing outside of my room. The room has a wet bar area with refrigerator, microwave, counter space and storage. I don't like eating out so this is perfect.

Room is very comfortable and clean, breakfast is included along with wifi. Swimming pool, fitness center and laundry are on site. This is the most comfortable hotel I've stayed at in this area (around Santa Cruz).

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd number side (east) face the slough which is quite a nice view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
raja158
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Just spent 3 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Watsonville with the wife and grandkids and found it to be a good choice. The wife had stayed here last fall, and based on her experience, we decided to give it a longer try along with 2 of the daughters and 4 of the grandkids. The selling point for us this time was the indoor pool, which proved essential when it rained on one of our days there. Over 3 days, the kids probably were in the pool for 8 hours giving us a break from too much sun at the beach over 2 days, and then rain on the third. The location is quiet, as the property is off Hwy 1, but close enough to be easy to get to. It overlooks a wetlands area that gave us somewhere to walk every morning. The rooms, though not large, had a mini-fridge and microwave, along with a flatscreen TV, with DirectTV, and 2 chairs and a table. The breakfast had many choices, my favorite being the pancake maker. The location is less than 10 minutes from the beach access at the end of Beach St. next to Pajaro Dunes. Target, Savemart, and several fast food choices are a quarter mile to the east, while Applebee's and the movie theater are a quarter mile to the west.
The only issues was that the pool ran out of towels one day and didn't get resupplied until later in the next day. And when checking in, I asked the deskclerk to make sure the stay was on my Priority Club card, they took my card and said that it was, but upon checking out, I asked the same, and was told it had not been, but they then added it to my card.
We have probably spent 20 nights in Watsonville over the last 4 years, as it is less expensve than Santa Cruz, usually staying at a less expensive properties, but expect to return again to the HIE as we felt the trip was a success for all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
hixwatsonville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Raja158,

Thank you for all of the detail in your review, I am sure that your comments will help future guests plan their trip here. We look forward to seeing you again!!

All my best,
Amy
Porter Ranch
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Nice, new, clean hotel. Liked the rooms. Enjoyed the pool with our kids. If you like FIRM beds, this is the place to be. Breakfast had lots of great options.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GiftofVacation,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We have brand new mattresses in our 2nd floor rooms, which is why they were a little firm. I hope that they were comfortable enough for you to get a good nights’ sleep! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the options at breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,
Amy Buitenhek
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and absolutely loved my experience. The hotel was very CLEAN, which is the first thing I want in somewhere I am sleeping. The staff were very polite when I called down and asked for more towels because I took three showers in one day. They had them to my room in minutes. Everyone that I encountered while I was there was helpful and greeted me warmly. Great, inexpensive alternative to a place to stay near santa cruz and monterey.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kelly d
hixwatsonville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Kelly D,

We are so glad that you loved your stay! We love getting our guests’ feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Amy
Ukiah, California
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This Holiday Inn was very clean, the rooms were comfortable, and a hot breakfast...what else could you ask. Well, let me tell you, the staff was exceptional, friendly, attentive, and what else, I just couldn't put my finger on it, but I felt there was something special there.
Thank you for the experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Adam B
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This hotel had everything we needed. We had a room on the 1st floor with a king bed and jet tub. The jet tub was great for giving baths to our kids and they loved it. In the shower the curtain doesn't touch you! The toilet paper location was the only bathroom complaint I had. The room included a small kitchenette with dishwashing soap glasses plates and silverware microwave and refrigerator. While the room wasn't much to look at the bed was soft and we had plenty of pillows. The view was nice and 3 channels of HBO and condiments were plentiful. The continental breakfast was awesome and convenient. The pool was cold but the hot tub was nice. There is a workout room and a shower area at the pool. The lobby had a nice atmosphere with a complimentary use of a computer. Being on the 1st floor makes a lot of difference so I would make reservations early and request the lower floor. I overhead others complaing about noise in the upper rooms. Parking was easy and the maids did a nice job. We had a great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sf49yr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watsonville
Best Western Rose Garden Inn
Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 54 in Santa Cruz

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville? Share your experiences!