“Dissapointing food.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Santa Cruz, California
“Dissapointing food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Went there for the first time with business associates. Ordered the lunch special "nueve" which was a prawn burrito with vegetables. It was served with rice and beans. I ordered iced tea. The tea was "instant" and barely drinkable. The burrito was hot and filled with lots of vegetables, but it really lacked flavor. It was very bland. Given I work nearby, I might give them another try. But, for my first time, I was really disappointed.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Penn Valley, California
“Very Good Mexican Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel's front desk personnel. We arrived early in the evening (6:00 p.m.) on a Wednesday and the restaurant was almost empty so you certainly don't need to worry about waiting for a table if you go early and mid-week. This might not be the case on a weekend. I had chicken enchiladas and my husband had camarones diablos. Both had very good sauce. Mine had a delicious red mole sauce and my husband's had a green tomatillo sauce. Delicious! Our waitress was pleasant and checked back often to see if we needed anything. The food was served promptly. Food came with refried beans and a very good rice. Tortillas available on request. We asked for flour tortillas and they were delicious. Seating is at tables. I didn't see any booths. Large full service bar. Watsonville has a large latino population and is full of Mexican restaurants. I think Jalisco would be an excellent choice while you are in the area.

• Visited January 2012
Sacramento, CA
“Classy Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

It's not my favorite Mexican restaurant in this very Mexican city, but it is better than most anywhere. The food is excellent, the price not bad. My favorite dish, the Camarones a la Diabla, is spicy and succulent. My wife enjoys the Enchiladas Suizas Verdes, with plenty of green sauce. The helpings are large -- enough for lunch the next day! The restaurant is in a well-restored, historic building -- attractive, large and noisy, especially when the mariachis are playing. They have a good wine list for a Mexican restaurant, and they have a long list of top quality beers, tequilas and margaritas.

• Visited July 2011
CA
“Loud”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

Food was great! Atmosphere was very loud and the service was lacking. Recommendation is for the food only.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yuma, AZ
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

A local person recommended this restaurant and their fajitas. She was right! The fajitas were delicious! I got chicken & beef. The guacamole was freshly made and delicious. My husband got the red enchiladas. He said they were just average so I let him have some fajitas. The service was good.