“Very average.Better places nearby!!!”
Review of Drumadoon

Drumadoon
Ranked #1 of 1 Cloughmills B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had lunch here today.Very overpriced for portion sizes.Chicken was a bit rubbery but we ate it as
were starvng.£1.80 for a GLASS of coke.It wasn't even a tin or bottle.We had nearly all this drunk during our 30 mins wait on our lunch.No one asked if everything was all right so I expect they didn't care.I lwas offered a loyalty card on the way out but refused as we wont be back or wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.Plenty of better eating places about.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne S

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stopped in for a quick bite to eat on our way to Ballycastle, ( not our first time here, actually had a lovely lunch last year!) main courses are a standard price, but when i realised sides where extra it suddenly became quite an expensive meal!
I would not have minded only, i got a chicken Maryland that was a fillet of chicken deep fried and over cooked, no garnish or veg of any description! My husband enjoyed his Beef pitta though! (lucky him!)
A bill of £38 plus for two drinks & two mains... wish i had of waited until we got to Ballycastle to eat in one of the many lovely restaurants!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank annemarie80
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here recently whilst in the area for a wedding. The staff were very pleasant and friendly and check-in was efficient.

We had the bridal suite (just by chance, I hasten to add) which had a four poster bed and ensuite. At first glance the room was impressive but it was difficult to manage the temperature; we couldn't open the windows due to the noise from the busy main road and we later had to switch on an electric fan heater to warm it up.

The bathroom was a good size but the tiles in the shower were covered in mould and the bed was terribly squeaky! The breakfast was fine but nothing special.

Overall I think it's a bit over-priced for what it is but it was a pleasant, comfortable and the receptionist was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adele B
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I treated my daughter to an evening dinner midweek here..2 starters, 2 main courses without sides and 3 wine cost £45..wee bit expensive but cannot fault the food..mushroom starter with garlic dip was tasty, but at £4.95 maybe a expensive (stuffed with pate would justify a higher price)..the chicken caesar starter was very good..the chilli beef pasta and chilli chicken pasta were both tasty, but at £9.95 and £10.95 again a bit expensive as it didnt include a side order..a wee bit of garlic bread with the dish would have made it perfect..a glass of house wine is over £4..a lovely place, nice staff, very clean, just bordering on the expensive as side orders are an extra..but all in all a nice place to eat..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I took a party of 28 for dinner and some of us stayed overnight. From the start of the evening on arrival to breakfast in the morning everything was great. The staff are all so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. All the party enjoyed themselves and have given me really nice comments and say they will come back when they can.
Started planning when I can go again.
Thanks to all.
MR

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mervxyz
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Visited here last night (party of 9 adults). Lovely Restaurant/Inn situated on the side of the main Ballymena - Ballymoney Road (just opposite Logan Fashions) near Cloughmills. Very efficient staff, greeted on entering the premises and handed very extensive menus, nearly too big a choice.
Although this is listed for accomodation we were not staying overnight although I believe that the rooms are very well priced. We were there to dine in the restaurant.
We dined in what I would call a 'music' room as the decor theme was music with various musical instruments hanging on the walls, old vinyl records stuck to the ceiling, very pleasant casual atmosphere and the open fire just added to the general ambience of the place.
The food was served by lovely friendly staff, good sized portions of everything including the side orders and all at very competitive prices. This was our second visit here and we definately will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I was at drumadoon today for my birthday meal..I really liked this restaurant and have visited here regularly before and never had a complaint. However today was a completely different story. Went in to find nobody at reception and then eventually got seated, to find a spider and cobwebs and some form of bug on the wall behind us. Then waited half an hour for food when there was only 3 other tables in at the time. When seated a drinks order was not taken and working in a restaurant myself I know that should be the first thing you do. Staff were not unpleasant however they seemed quick to get away..very disappointing and the food was very pricey for all the size of the portion. Unless something changes I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Kelmac123

Been to Drumadoon? Share your experiences!