“Sunday Brunch was OK”

Grand Island Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Island Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Walnut Grove
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I wouldn't return here for the Brunch . The French toast, prime rib, and crepes were very good, but I was disappointed by the Eggs Benedict because the Canadian ham and English muffin were so tough that I had a lot of trouble cutting through them. I really enjoyed looking around the Mansion, but I wouldn't want to stay there. It is in the middle of nowhere, there isn't much of a view, and it isn't on the river (It is near it.). The employees were very nice and efficient.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were looking forward to a special meal since it was our anniversary. We arrived walked around the grounds they were nice. Walked inside, the building had that old musty smell. It wasn't overpowering but it was there. We were seated towards the back of the room. They said it was the ballroom/dining room. They couldn't tell me if it was the ballroom OR the dining room.
It was a little noisy but it just got louder as more people were seated. We asked if we could move to a table that was closer to the window and in a little more open area. We were told no because those tables were being held for a party.
We got our food, sat down to eat and the food that was supposed to be hot was barely warm. OK the food was fancy and was presented nicely but I do not like cold food that is supposed to be served hot. The taste of the food was average, nothing special.
The service was good but not good enough to overshadow the mediocre food.
As we were leaving we saw another room off to the side. When we asked about that room the hostess said we could have been sat there if we requested it, and the next time you come, you can ask to be seated there.
For the price I paid for the brunch I could have gone to a number of other places, had better food, and a better view. From the other reviews, I guess this place would be good for large groups or weddings, but I would definitely pass on the Sunday Buffet.

2  Thank 49ers_Gold
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Whether you have an event or just want to sight-see, this is a jaw dropper of a place. Beautiful sculptures, lovely gardens, imposing views, intimate spots to sit and chat or reflect.

1  Thank amastelle
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I attended a Friends wedding here recently and was bedazzled by the ceremony, the service and the digs! The Mansion was indeed Grand with a sparkling swiming pool, tennis courts and basketball court, grand ballroom and disco room, pool Den and barroom, rear patios and front reception patio for separate functions, as well as separate dining halls for separate meals functions and a grand front lawn and fountain for the garden party and later main ceremony. The service was impeccable and the luxuriously adorned, decorated and furnished Bride and Groom Suite was complimented by conveniently located family member suites on the second and third floors connected by social gathering rooms. I hope to get married here someday! lol

1  Thank GlobalGoneLocal
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Beautiful venue. Lovely dining in a great and serene location.

1  Thank ElaineRioVista_CA