“Average at best”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Walnut Grove
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have been coming to Guisti's off and on for many years. While great back in the 60's & 70's, I really have a problem seeing where the accolades for this place comes from in today's market. The drinks are way over-priced for a dive bar. As for the restaurant...the bread is good, the salad so-so, and depending on what you order, the meal can be from mediocre to pretty good. The minnestrone tastes as if it has been cooked over the last three days rather than being freshly made that day. I think that Guy Fieri having been there for 'Triple D' has brought in a lot of customers, but I feel there are many restaurants in the California Delta area that are much better than this.

There are newer reviews for Giusti's Place

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Expect it to be crowded, but you cant beat it. Family Style dinner with 2 for one pricing. Great dinner. If you time it right wont have to wait that long. Featured in Diners drive in and dives...

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I've gone to Giusti's twice...the first time for drinks (they make a mean Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini) and the second time for drinks & dinner. My girlfriends & I like to try different places so we stopped by Giusti's the on our way back home from the Pittsburgh Seafood Festival. We started off with our trademark Raspberry Lemon Drop Martini's and while seated at the bar, one of the "regulars" asked us if we were going to have dinner too. We said "yes" and he highly recommended that we try the calamari. Now I love calamari so that was going to be my pick regardless. Two of us ordered calamari and the other 1 lady had filet mignon & the other had the rib eye steak. I asked the waitress if she could ask the chef to top my calamari steak with a caper sauce. Let me tell you, it was hecka good. The chef came to our table and I personally thanked him for adding that extra touch. It's called a "picatta sauce" and if any of you readers go to Giusti's and order the calamari...you've got to have this sauce. The menu is simple, the place is not that big, they only accept cash & everyone there was extremely friendly. My calamari steak was so big I brought it home and my daughter had it for lunch the next day. Another thing, prior to your meal you get this "Pugilese" bread (delicious), soup & a plate of salami. Everything was great & I have to say that this is the best calamari I've ever had!!! Just go...trust me you won't be disappointed!!!! I give this place 5 forks (excellent)!!!!
I almost forgot, my girlfriends loved their steaks too!!! Try it, you'll love it. :)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Owner, bar tenders, servers, and support staff , all make you feel like a long time friend even if you haven't been there in a while. Food is comnsistantly good, try the rack of lamb or "fried chicken" The best!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have to give this a mixed review. Good stuff first. It does have a funky, quirky vibe. Kind of like a roadhouse. The service was fast. The bread was amazing- crisp crust and soft inside. The dressing on the salad was a creamy, sweetish Italian that was quite tasty.
My husband liked-not loved- the soup. I didn't care for it at all. There was too much of some spice I couldn't identify. The salmon was fresh, flaky, and perfectly cooked, but very bland. The shrimp "cocktail" was 5 medium shrimp on a lettuce lined plate with a cup of cocktail sauce. They were perfectly cooked, but silly as it sounds, I like a shrimp cocktail in a dish or cup, not just laying on a plate.
The tap water has a musty taste- apparently it is well water.
Other people rave about the food, so maybe we would have been more excited with other choices
Go for the experience.