“Pass on the Buffet”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Grand Island Mansion
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I were told about this place from people that were going there for a wedding. We looked at the reviews and saw many people thought it was a great place for a wedding. So we decided to go there for our anniversary. The grounds were nice but when we stepped inside we could smell the age. It wasn't bad or overpowering but it was there.
We were sat in the back of the room. We asked if this was the ballroom or the dining room they said it was both. We sat there for a little to soak in the ambiance, again it was nice but... It was loud and as they sat more people it got louder. We asked to be moved to another table. We were told we could not be moved there because it was reserved for a party that was arriving at 12:30pm. I looked at my watch it was 10:15am.
My wife and I walked to the buffet and got our food. The food was presented well. I like my hot food hot, not barely warm. It was hard to enjoy the food when it is barely warm and we cannot hear each other talk at a small table.
Once we finished we decided to leave since we were not enjoying anything. As we were leaving we noticed another dining area off to the side. We asked about that room and was told we could have been placed there, all we had to do was ask. Next time we come just ask to be sat there.
Maybe we will go to a wedding there but I doubt if we will be back for the buffet.

3  Thank 49ers_Gold

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This mansion must have been "The Place" in it's early days. We attended a wedding there several years ago and found it spellbindingly magnificent. The food served was exquisite, the service impeccable. One great "Big Occasion" venue. Down by the riverside in old growth it just sparkled.

1  Thank ruthandvern
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous grounds, gardens, statues, and facilities here. There was a wedding when we visited, so we didn't go inside the mansion, but the outside was wonderful. Lots to see. Definitely going back to check it out again. It's at the end of a long side road--not much else immediately nearby, but what a beautiful riverside drive.

3  Thank amastelle
Reviewed April 11, 2013

It was a fairy tale location for our wedding. Lovely day, lovely friends, etc. The waterside location was perfect as was the regal decor and tasty food. Perfect size also!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My new husband and I had our wedding recently at the Grand Island Mansion and I could not have imagined anything more perfect. My wedding day was everything I dreamed of and more and that is not an exaggeration. I am so happy that we chose it as our venue and would recommend it to anyone for their special day as well. Everything is taken care of for you (besides a photographer, florist and dj.) We literally did not lift a finger to do anything and was not stressed about anything, even up until the week and day before. I was able to relax and enjoy family and friends that were in town. What bride gets to say that usually? I could not be happier! The only downfall is that it's all over and I won't get to re-live it :(

1  Thank Nicole B