“So here we go!”
Review of Ryde Hotel

Ryde Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Walnut Grove
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

First... To sum it up... Everything you have read is true! Let's get the bad out of the way.. Run down, misrepresented website (the golf course is now a field),over priced, TINY continental breakfast, don't drink the water. Now on to the cool stuff. The staff (new owners for about a year), cool architecture, location, trip back in time, spooky at night, one of few remaining "speak easy", incredible history, beautiful drive and views. If you want fancy don't go! It is very run down, as is everything on the delta. I give the owners a break because it's from 1927 and I think it's beyond restoration unless you sink some serous money in to it. I loved this quaint hotel that transports you back in time to when movie stars were brought in on the river boats. If you come with an open mind and expect the above you will have a magical moment. I live in Sacramento so I will be trying Sunday brunch and will review it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank David A

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Although the bar seems nice, the hotel needs to be remodeled. Our room had cracks in the plaster, a leaky toilet, silver smelling water, dirty carpet, bugs in the bed sheets. The hotel is deteriorating so badly, it cannot be cleaned! Such a Shame, as the location and staff are lovely. Someone needs to invest $$$ in this place and bring it back to it's original glory! Price is too high for such an uncomfortable room.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank leslie m
Reviewed July 13, 2013

what a quaint hotel makes you think you are in a boarding house from 1920. Room furniture could use some upgrades, but views are great, and the staff the best. Came up here for a friend's party, heard this was the best accommodations available.

Room Tip: My suite had a portable A/C, thank goodness. If the weather is hot, ask if A?c is available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Danny B
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel is charming in a time capsule sort of way, certainly not up to date way but the whole Delta region seems like it exists in another era, so that was fine. Staff was pleasant, but the restaurant was a disaster. The menu on the weekend is a fixed price menu with four entrees. We ordered and the pasta I had selected had been changed due to a lack of basil and the "spicy Alfredo" was changed to a "queso with jalapeños!!!!! Not exactly a pasta sauce and the same sauce came with the grilled chicken, so I ordered it on the side. My husband ordered the grilled rib eye steak.
There were only two other tables occupied in the large dining room, so the chef was not rushed by an excessive work load. When our entrees were served everything (except my chicken and the vat of queso sauce) was cold. The steak was seared on both sides but was cool to room temp all the way through. My chicken had a little heat but the sorry cheese sauce had the most elevated temperature of all. We told our server that our food was unacceptable and that we wanted the bill for our wine and salads, and that we were leaving, which is what we did. No one from the kitchen came to offer any explanation.
The Ryde has so much potential that is not being realized. It is not surprising that there were so few patrons.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MINsn
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a 1920's, Art Deco Style, Hotel...a quaint gem hidden away off of highway 160 right past Rio Vista. The Hotel has a interesting history! Right across the street is a nice view of the River. Timothy, the Event Coordinator, was WONDERFUL! So organized and professional...everything went so smoothly! Sarah and ALL the staff were so very nice, friendly, helpful, and professional. The food was EXCEPTIONAL! So very tasty and the presentation of it all was classy and sophisticated. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and eating the wonderful food in the tasteful, classy dining room. We stayed in a smaller room, but it was nice and comfortable. An overall great experience that the staff made so enjoyable. A special THANK YOU to Timothy again for saving me with a memory card for my camera when I needed it!!!
Susan B.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been coming to the Ryde for Sunday Brunch for over ten years, and will keep coming back. The staff treat us like royalty and the food is great. We have had many birthday parties for family and friends over those years and will continue to. Someday we will spend the night and give a review on that. If there were any issues about the experience (because it cannot be perfect everytime in over 10 years), we would address it and they would fix it - so hence why we keep coming back. It is a nice drive from West Sacramento on the River Road. Can't wait for the spring weather to eat outside. This place is a must go to!!!!!!. Bill, Karen and Chico.

Room Tip: Have never spent the night yet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank riolindakaren
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I will start off with the positives - the staff were really nice and the drinks at the bar were great! The negatives are that this place is dirty and deteriorating. I could not wait to leave! I would not recommend coming here for any reason!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank HighStandardsReq

Been to Ryde Hotel? Share your experiences!