“AMAZING Bloody Marys !”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Walnut Grove
Oceanside, California
“AMAZING Bloody Marys !”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I didn't stay at this hotel, but the grounds were beautiful and the the Brunch was delish ! The Bartender, John, is very talented and makes amazing drinks....cmon...BACON in a Bloody Mary ! OH YEA !!

Prime rib was cooked to perfection and the Creme Brulee rocked. Friendly staff and great service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roxanne J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My buddy and I stayed at the Ryde Hotel to attend a friend's wedding held down the street at the Grand Island Mansion. We were told before booking what a charming and classy hotel it was with an amazing brunch on the weekends and continental breakfasts served in the lobby on weekdays. So I booked my friend and I there in adjoining Queen Suites. After checking in I was in for systematic shocks. First of all we were booked on the top floor with no elevator and although the beds were nice and big in separate adjoining rooms that was about the extent of the pleasantry. There was no air conditioning only ceiling fans, which they did try to compliment with the addition of another standing fan, but when I wanted to take an afternoon nap I felt like I was in a Sauna. Second, the closet hangers were oddly fixed to the hanging pole so that I could not remove them to comfortably hang my clothes but instead had to awkwardly arrange my clothes inside the tight closet confines to hang them onto the fixed hangers. Thirdly the private suite bathroom, which was nicely set in the middle of our two rooms with private doors on either side, HAD NO HOT WATER! So I froze in a separate afternoon shower, which would have been worse were it not for the sauna like temperature in the rooms! The fllowing morning however, the water was STILL Cold and I had to go down the hall to a public shower in order to find Hot Water which was pin needle prickly sulfur hot and smelly so that as I rinsed I felt it left some coat of minerals on my skin. The evening before we had also tried to access the Speakeasy Lounge only to find it dead and unattended at midnight with a layout reminiscent of the Shining somewhere in upstate New York. It also felt as if the joint was haunted at night. Finally in the morning when we woke up, the advertised morning continental breakfast was nothing but a hot coffee dispenser and I was starving but there were no restaurants or diners to be found for miles yet the hotel was still inconsiderate enough to leave us on our own. You could not even order a la carte breakfast. Here we are about 30 minutes from sacramento and we cannot even get breakfast! It felt like we were being cast in a segment of reality TV on survivor or something! Or else the ghost of Ashton Kutcher was about to float up from the basement speakeasy and yell that we had just been Punk'D!!! by our friend having his wedding down the road! I close in saying the only reason I gave the establishment one star is because the lobby manager allowed me to use his printer to print off a voucher which he coyly remarked about afterward. I do not recommend this place and will not be returning. You are better off trying somewhere else until they change either management or ownership.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank GlobalGoneLocal

Travelers are raving about these Walnut Grove hotels

Reviewed August 8, 2012

As Rick stated previously, there was nothing but compliments about the staff, food or venue for the wedding. Natalie was fantastic, not as impressed with Jan (she brought in prospective clients during our time here, more then once!!). Yes, Jan, we were not happy about this. Luckly, the bride and groom didn't notice. Also, don't forget to ask about the history of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mom56CA
Turlock, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I traveled here by boat (we berth at Willow Berm Marina) for my birthday weekend in April. It was the most pleasant surprise to come across this nostalgic hotel! No, it isn't the Westin, but that's what makes it so unique. We had a wonderful dinner with a fantastic waitress, food was delicious! Though the room is dated, it was quite comfy, loved the bed, and had a beautiful view of the waterway so we could keep an eye on our Chriscraft. The brunch was another pleasant surprise, selections were great and staff kept filling up our champagne glasses with a smile! We will probably be back for our anniversary this year and would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a fun, but not too fancy, place!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed in the bridal suite with the jacuzzi...paid 201.00 dollars for one night.....the bed was very old and completely uncomfortable.....the jacuzzi was totally dirty which my girlfriend and l completely refused to use..the windows didnt work properly.... they were broken wooden stay up.... the blinds didn't work properly....the shower was dirty!!!!
there was a wedding party there....the music blasted until 12:30 am there was people wondering the halls belligerently drunk until 2:30 am....l had to get up, open our door and tell the drunk idiots to quiet down.... completely horrible stay.... I would never stay at this facility ever again..... we had a restless night... and didn't fall asleep until 3 o'clock in the morning....

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank donnie755
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My son was married there on Sunday the 24th. Everything was as close to perfect as it can get. Natale (spelling?) had everything done perfectly. Her staff was excellent. Good food and drink and just a great venue. We received nothing but compliments from the guests even the stoic ones! LOL! thanks Jan and Natale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rick C
Davis, California
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Decided to celebrate the 49ers playoff game with brunch at the Ryde before the game. Rainy and cold outside, but cozy and welcoming at the Ryde, definatley a fun step into the past. The food was good, especially the omlet bar and the grilled veggies. My son ate 3 creme brulees and 2 chocolate mousses, a dessert buffet being a 13 year old's dream. The spicy pulled pork is spicy, just wish there were rolls or tortillas to go with it. The mimosas flowed freely, thank goodness for our designated driver! We will definatley be back. A unique and fun experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
BEST WESTERN Galt Inn

Been to Ryde Hotel? Share your experiences!