“A hidden gem!”

Benvenuti Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Benvenuti Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 292 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: To share our love and passion for Italian cooking, Benvenuti Ristorante (formerly know as Salvatore Ristorante) features exceptional traditional Italian cuisine in a warm and welcoming environment with local, sustainable, organic ingredients, an extensive list of Italian and Californian wines, a full bar and a robust cocktail program.
SF Bay Area
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've lived in Walnut Creek for over a decade, and only last night had my first opportunity to try this place. My husband and I decided to try it for our date night.

Because this was a last minute decision, when we arrived, the tables in the main dining area were full, but they offered us a seat at the tables next to the bar. In my opinion, this was a more intimate seating arrangement than had we been sitting at a regular table, as there were no other tables nor bar patrons in our vicinity, so we could really enjoy each other and not the other patrons.

Our food and drink were all fresh and tasted great. We each started out with one of their signature cocktails. My blood orange liquor, campari, with fresh lemon was sweet and delicious. My husband said his cucumber vodka, lime, & mint drink tasted fresh and light. We split a plate of their Pane All'Aglio (bruchetta) and one of their salads (InsalataD'Angela), and both tasted great. For our main courses, he ordered the sole (Sogliola), and I had their meat & eggplant pasta dish (Melenzana Ripiena); they were both so tasty we simply devoured them. We split a heavenly Tiramisu enjoyed with decaf macchiatos.

The staff were very friendly, helpful -- the bartender helped us pick glasses of wine to complement our meal choices - and treated us as if we were regulars, part of the family. It was definitely one of my more enjoyable meals.

In my opinion, this place is a hidden gem. It's off the beaten path of the trendy restaurants and bars in downtown Walnut Creek, across the street from the new downtown library. The clientele is there for the friendly service and good food, not for a hipster or pickup scene. My husband and I will definitely be going back there again and again and again.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank CAHappy

Dublin, California
“Regular Italian Place”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nothing out of the ordinary. A regular Italian place. Service was really nice but I don't even remember what I ate which is always a bad thing.

Visited April 2012
Sacramento, California
“My favorite local Italian restaurant”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I always order an Amatriciana dish on my first visit to an Italian restauarant and they served an beautiful version - nice light touch on the pancetta and vinegar with rich flavors overall.

Service was excellent and attentive.

Decor could be a little more up-to-date, especially the outdoor seating which is a stark.

Wine list should include more italian wines by the glass.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent...Food, Service, and Lovely, Cozy Ambience”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Veal piccata was delicious...veal tender as it should be and well presented with fresh carrots and green beans. Just the right portion -- I at it all. Good Caesar salad. I ate at bar, but restaurant itself is small, warm, and inviting. Menus offered wide variety of choices --pasta, chicken, veal, meat, and fish. Good wine list. A great find.

• Visited March 2013
cincinnati,ohio
“Lovely little Italian restaurant”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a small family reunion of sorts there. We received excellant service, the food was very good and the atmosphere was very casual and friendly.

Visited February 2013