“Our favorite restaurant in Walnut Creek.”

Benvenuti Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Benvenuti Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 301 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: To share our love and passion for Italian cooking, Benvenuti Ristorante (formerly know as Salvatore Ristorante) features exceptional traditional Italian cuisine in a warm and welcoming environment with local, sustainable, organic ingredients, an extensive list of Italian and Californian wines, a full bar and a robust cocktail program.
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I love Salvatore's. We travel to Walnut Creek several times each year and we always make sure that we dine there. My husband likes to bring a nice bottle of wine to dinner and I'm always a bit uncomfortable with it. When we brought our own bottle at our last visit to Salvatore's, not only did our server not make us feel uncomfortable, but she actually complimented our choice. Everything I have ordered there has been fabulous. I love with the shrimp and peas in a light tomato cream sauce (I forget what they call it). The lasagne is some of the best I've ever had but I believe it is only available occasionally. My husband doesn't even care for lasagne and he enjoyed it enough to want more!

4  Thank Andrewtina

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our family had requested they prepare a special dish for the evening we visited (not our first visit...and definitely not our last!). The chicken cannelloni with pesto sauce was excellent, full of flavor and plentiful. One in our party had the lasagna; it, too, had rich flavors and from the look of all the lasagna coming from the kitchen to other diners, it must be a favorite. Salads were excellent and the seafood pasta dishes (we tried two) had plenty of seafood. No skimping in this restaurant! Finally, we had to try their tirimizu. It was yummy. The family agreed there is only one better in Walnut Creek...and only because the other guy puts lots of shaved chocolate on their tirimizu. Are you listening, Salvatore??? Finally, kudos to the wait staff and particularly to Henry who is the perfect waiter.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Greeted as locals which we are not. Relaxed service once we said we were wanted to take our time. My party loved all their drinks and dinners with some unique choices. Caesars salad only disappointment. The other salads were judged as great

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for about 20 years. Everyone that we've taken there or recommended it to have raved about it. We've been lucky enough to have been to Italy 3 times and this is very close to the great food served in Italy. The gnocchi and lasagna are my favorites and the service is very good.

2  Thank Robley500
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Great authentic Italian food, operated by wonderful people who serve up mouth-watering traditional Italian dishes and desserts, accompanied by a great wine list.

1  Thank fiddlefoodie