“Hurrah! Not Starbuck's”

Pacific Bay Coffee Co & Micro-Roastery
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 2, 2014

A vice nice local coffee house. Friendly staff. Lots of locals. Near Kaiser. Great coffees. Parking can be tough. Might have to park in the back of the buildings.

There are newer reviews for Pacific Bay Coffee Co & Micro-Roastery

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I have had my lattes here many times and they have never been a disappointment. Much better than a Starbucks if you like a stronger richer taste

1  Thank Callbob1
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Came across this gem while looping around to head to the mall and was so relieved to find some REALLY great coffee in town (I just moved to WC). I go back frequently for an iced Almond latte and also buy their beans to brew at home.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

They roast their own beans and no one in the East Bay makes a better latte. The flavor is rich and full bodied. I like Peets but this is a much more artisan brewed beverage that reminds me of Italy. Every one I take to pacific Bay goes back. If you are anywhere around Walnut Creek it is worth the drive.

By the way, I am shocked by the previous review. I have never had anything but great service from the staff and the owner in a year and a half of visits.

1  Thank amp94596
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stopped here for an afternoon treat. I ordered a large vanilla latte & a scone. $7.50, not cheap. When I received my latte i could not taste the vanilla so I pleasantly requested a couple of more pumps from another employee, stating that maybe I just had a sweet tooth today. I was just trying to be nice and not get the Barista in trouble or look bad, but honestly I couldn't taste the vanilla.
The guy confronted the barista, and then in an unfriendly way said to me, "okay, I'll give you some more". He then said, "how much do you want?" I said, " I don't know, a couple of pumps would be great." He says back to me, "i'll give you one". I once again said, "two would be great". He said, "vanilla costs money, and you only can have one more pump". I said, "your joking, right?". He said, "no, I'm not". I asked him for the owners name and number. He said that he was the owner. The way this person was treating me I did not believe he could be the owner, so I asked an employee if he really was the owner. The employee confirmed that yes that was the owner.
I walked away in SHOCK. Never in all my years going to Starbucks or Pete's have I been treated this way. He reminded me why to drive the extra block next time and give my money to Starbucks or Pete's, companys that values my patronage.
This owner at Pacific Bay Coffee Co. was a jerk and does not deserve to get your money. Trust me, I'm easy going and I do not make stuff up.

3  Thank Rilands