“Delicious”

Ranked #57 of 294 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tomatina takes a modern approach to traditional Italian recipes. While our pasta with made-from-scratch sauces and homemade pizza are customer favorites, Tomatina has become known for our signature piadines - fresh, hot flat-bread topped with cool salads, ready to fold and eat. Each month, our menu features seasonal specials in addition to our extensive menu with gluten-free, vegetarian and kid-friendly options. Come by during the week and try our dinner specials: Monday - All desserts are $3 Tuesday - Enjoy half off any bottle of wine on our list Wednesday - Draft and bottled beer, and glasses of Primitivo and Pinot Grigio wines are $3 Thursday - Kids eat free! Select one entree from kid's menu per paid adult
Atlanta, GA
“Delicious”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place is kid friendly and there's not a French fry in sight! The salads are tasty, generous and fresh. The service is good and sitting on the patio is lovely.

• Visited September 2012

lafayette, california
“Garlic rolls are so so yummy”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went there for lunch the other day= you can sit outside or in. We shared 4 garlic rolls- the best herbs and olive oil. Then a salad which we split- I think it might have been on special- kale- feta cheese, cranberries, some kind of meat- very large helping. Then we split a pizza which was on the piaddini dough- very light. We did not think we could eat it all but only left 2 pieces of pizza. 35.00 for 2- with iced tea- more than enough food- a third person could have helped us eat it.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go to Italian restaurant in WC”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tomatina is always packed, and for good reason, it is consistently good. They were one of the first restaurants in Walnut Creek to not use any transfats in their dishes. Always fresh and good. Now they have kept up on trend with offering whole wheat pasta and pizza crusts. I was recently there for dinner (April 28, 2013), and have notice now that they offer Gluten free pasta as well.

Visited April 2013
placerville,ca
“OK...Not Great!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We took a chance on this place. We found ourselves in Walnut Creek while heading home from visiting a relative. We decided to walk around downtown and go in the many shops. It was dinner time and there were a lot of places to choose from to eat. Around the corner was the Cheesecake Factory (which was packed!), and just about every kind of restaurant you could think of. This place was pretty full also, so we had to wait a few minutes. We chose to sit outside on their heated patio which was nice. Perhaps this was an off night for them, but the food just wasn't as good as I hoped. We ordered some bread that came in olive oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese which tasted good, but the bread was very hard. They use a tremendous amount of fennel in some of their dishes. I guess if you like fennel that's ok...but my husband, not so much. I ordered a shrimp/pasta dish, which was much better. It was good but not great.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank CharyF
Bay Area, CA
“Over an hour for their lunch special that tastes like somehting out of a can”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Where do I start? The wait time? (An hour for our food) The food? Salad was watery and pasta...from the can? The staff? Completely lacking customer service and honesty. Did you lose the order? No. I thought "Hmm, maybe it was just not a good day for them, I 'll try again." And again...and again..... It is consistently the same. I was hoping I would be wrong but, nope...

With so many places to choose from in the area I would suggest your time and energy in another location.

• Visited January 2013