“A ok hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Breakfast starts @ 6:30 AM, which breakfast usually starts @ 6AM. $20 daily valet is too expensive. Nice rooms though. Hot tub was great. Valet crew was very nice and polite. It was nice to have a gift shop where you can buy drinks and snacks.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hi Keith - thank you for your review. We apologize that our breakfast hours conflict with your schedule. All of the top, full service hotels in Walnut Creek offer valet only service. We are glad you did enjoy the hot tub and our very well stocked gift shop. We hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My stay here was one of the best in a long history of staying at hotels for personal and business. I was there visiting a friend and we both enjoyed the managers cocktail hour in the evenings, so much so we completely forgot to eat dinner one night. The room was comfortable, clean and quite. The hotel is right across from the Bart station (one of the cleanest ones too). My only issue is with room service which I only used once. I ordered the grilled chicken (no flavor), tomato basil soup (very chunky) and my friend had the Hawaiian pizza (no sauce). My friend ate his pizza (he is a guy and will eat anything) and I had a few bites of the soup. Later I went down to the front desk and asked them to take the chicken of my bill and herein lies my only issue with the hotel. I was told by the front desk person that they could't take care of it there and he called the catering manager out from his office to talk to me. Since when can't the front desk adjust your bill? I didn't think it was that big of a deal to call the poor guy out or to make me wait for him. In the end they took everything of my bill and sent up some cookies and a fruit plate. I was also informed I could order room service for free from there on, to bad I was checking out the next morning. In the end I will defiantly stay here again and the way they handled the food issue was great.

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the building away from the Bart tracks. I stayed in 719 so any room from say abo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Hi Tiphanie and thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback from our guests. We're sorry that you encountered a problem with your bill and that the room service food wasn't up to our normal standards. We are glad that your stay ended on a great note and that you will definitely be back again!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Superior customer service. Professional and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend to all of our friends. From the moment we registered to when we checked out, we were treated as if we were vip's. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and the accommodations met or exceeded our expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Hello Traveler and thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are glad that your experience at Embassy Suites was a great one! Our management team is proud of our employees and hearing a review like yours makes our day! Please return and visit us soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

From the time you enter the lobby til you leave, everyone is friendly and welcoming. The staff wants you to have a superior experience. As a traveler on business, having one room to work in and leave it in the order at night, that I will start on it in the morning is a big asset. Breakfast here is truly fresh and delicious. Grab the WSJ or the USA Today and read with your coffee by the koi pond to start your morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hi Clair! Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We appreciate our guests' feedback on their experience and we are so glad yours was a fantastic one! We love our Atrium and our beautiful, entertaining koi! We hope to have you visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This a great hotel, located close to public transport. It also has a shuttle service that provides excellent service to nearby locations. It has been my hotel of choice when traveling to the Bay Area. This hotel is very considerate of physical limitations and the needs of service dogs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your review Kim. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary amenities and hope that you will return on your next visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The two room suites were very roomy! The King bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and with modern-looking fixtures. The living area included a tiny kitchenette, a dining area, and sofas. Plenty of room in the entire suite. The lobby is gorgeous!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful hotel and we welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly, the atmosphere was fantastic, the breakfast and evening buffet were wonderful. The dinner grill was below expectations. After we ate in the grill at 7:45, we had to leave the hotel at 9:40 p.m. to get something that would fill us up for the value. It was disappointing. My steak came back fully cooked, when we asked for rare and I had to share my husbands dinner. Would not recommend. Overall, I would come back and mentioned to 6 people how wonderful the accommodations were. I was not happy with valet. That needs to be revisited. That is the only thing that would keep me from coming back. I live locally and had to spend 40.00 on parking, if it had not been a time of rest, I would have abandoned the visit altogether.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. We value our guests' experience and are always looking for ways to improve our services and amenities. Your comments regarding your dining experience have been brought to our Food and Beverage Manager's attention. We hope that when you are looking for a weekend getaway in the future, you will choose Embassy Suites.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!