“A very comfortable and freindly hote;” 4 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Walnut Creek, United States
“A very comfortable and freindly hote;”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel is right by the Bart station which would make it easily accessible from all over the Bay area. The suits are nice and comfortable. The complementary hot breakfast is generous. The staff are very helpful. There is a free shuttle to the surrounding shopping areas which makes the stay very convenient. I have always had a delightful stay at Embassy Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello and thank you for the review of our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. The Embassy Suites Walnut Creek strives to provide great customer service and we are waiting to welcome you back soon!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
El Dorado Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Wish to pass along our thanks to the Embassy Suites team in Walnut Creek CA for their efforts in making our stay so enjoyable.
The facility is beautiful, the rooms clean large and comfortable and breakfast was delicious.
We will be back.

Room Tip: I like the sound of the BART train, those who do not should request a room on the south side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lovemykoi, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hello Jim and thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the great amenities our hotel provides. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Papillion
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Embassy the staff was so helpful and kind. The valet was amazing and sincere! The check in was fast and the staff was great as well. The rooms were always cleaned nicely and so comfortable! The food was great at breakfast and again the staff was amazing. Thanks for making our staying so awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Lovemykoi, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hello Steve and thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Please come back again soon.

Stockton, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I generally like Embassy Suites a lot, mainly because of the voluminous, plant filled-interior courtyards and the yummy, made to order breakfast. We arrived at this hotel and noticed a herd of happy kids and teens moving about the spacious indoor courtyard/atrium. They were enthusiastic and noisy and that was just fine at 3 p.m. but by 10 or 11 pm it began to wear on my nerves. Then I lay in bed and heard a surreal sound as if a BART train was running right next to my bed. I knew the station was across the wide boulevard, but I didn't realize the track cut a turn a short hop from my window. The breakfast kind of made up for the night sounds, but I don't think we'll stay there again.

Room Tip: I did a bad job so don't listen to me. Just be sure you don't get a room with the track at...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Adnora and thank you for your review. We apologize that your sleep was interrupted by the BART train and the teens in the atrium. While the BART is a great way to travel to San Francisco to see the sites, some of our guests are sensitive to the noise from the trains and they request a room on the other side of the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and our beautiful atrium. Please come back and visit us again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast was great although there were so many people it took forever to get food. Loved the evening drink thing. The rooms were very clean but kind of lackluster. Nothing special and no bathtub. The beds were firm. The lobby of the hotel was very pretty and the valet service was convenient. Staff was friendly, too. Pool is small and cold but still well maintained (although when we tried to use it it was overrun with about fifteen kids and one adult). Won't be going back simply because the price doesn't produce anything special.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lovemykoi, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that some of the amenities our hotel offers were not up to the Embassy standards for you but are glad you enjoyed the attitude of our staff and beautiful lobby. We would like to welcome you back again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Staying here again. If anything, the service gets better everyone I stay here. The servers are so helpful and nice. The front desk personnel are very professional and accommodating. Combined with the convenient location next to BART, this hotel is hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review of our staff and location. Our convenient location to the Bay Area Rapid Transit system is great for our guests who want to venture into Oakland and San Francisco for sports events and excursions. Please come back soon!

gardnerville, nv
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for over 2 months. Booking for two weeks at a time I should not be paying for the full parking rate which is $16/day. When I left the first time I saw that in the middle of the bill there was a week where I was charged the full parking rate. This was cleared up after I complained. It made me very uncomfortable. When I returned to continue working in this area I mentioned the parking discount that I had been offered by booking a long term stay. The desk officer for the night told me he had never heard of this before and for me to take it up with the manager. I requested to talk to a supervisor who was not available. He refused to give me the agreed upon rate. The desk person became very irate with me that I wanted to solve this during check in. I checked with my booking agency who clearly stated the discount was part of the deal. I received a call that night from the business manager who invited me to stop by the next night for a glass of wine. I do not have time for these antics.This whole experience makes me believe the first mistake was fully calculated rather than a mistake. A few days later, I received an email from the top manager who sent a wholly impersonal letter stating that I recently stayed at this hotel while I was still staying there!
I stay in hotels some 300 nights a year and am a diamond Hilton member. If there would have been an acceptable alternative in the area I would have walked out. My company pays my hotel bills. I consider their bills as important as my own.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank totineke
Kyle O, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of your September 2012 stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for any billing errors and inconvenience you experienced. It is always our goal to make every guest feel as comfortable and appreciated as possible and I regret you did not experience this. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and experiencing the service you've come to expect from us. Thank you again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!