“Excellent stop over”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent stop over”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great, clean hotel. Staff were friendly but not overly attentive.
Stayed only for a couple of nights while visiting family so found BART very convenient - but we weren't disturbed by noise.
Only problem was the forced valet parking - especially when there was a conference on in the hotel and the car-park was full.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Marie and thank you for the review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, that our staff was helpful and everything was clean. BART is very convenient as a mode of transportation in the area.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great! CLEAN and quiet! Yummy/fast room service. Free breakfast and night reception/happy hour! The BART is right there but never heard it once. The staff was great! The maids left extra coffee cups and teas because they noticed I went through all of them. The maids respected my don not disturb! Rick at the front desk was accommodating and so helpful! The beds and pillows were comfy. The A/C worked great and the black out curtains were just what I need as I was getting over the flu!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hello and we hope you are feeling better! Thank you for your review of our hotel and the nice words regarding Rick. Rick is one of our top front desk agents and we are glad he was so accommodating and that our housekeeping staff respected your privacy and made sure you were well stocked with coffee cups and tea. We hope to welcome you back again!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2013

horrible service, outdated rooms/amenities, forced valet parking but the valet's are scarce, bart travels 15 feet outside your window plus the entire lobby echos throughout making it very noisy, furniture is older than me and they give you broken 'cribs' for infants to sleep in which is a HUGE SAFETY ISSUE! sewage problem in the hotel, broken glass in the bathroom..... save yourself and find somewhere else to stay!! the only good thing is son loved the fish and the free breakfast was decent

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank j_m_b_188
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience and we have alerted our maintenance team to the issues you outlined. The comfort and safety of our guests is our top priority and unsafe conditions are unacceptable. We are sorry for any discomfort our accommodations may have caused you and invite you to contact our office directly so we can discuss your stay further.

Visalia, California
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Superb service. Smooth check - in. A great nights sleep. Awesome coffee and breakfast in the morning. Definitely well worth the money you spend on it. Felt like you were sleeping at home which is probably the highlight of the trip. Its always my main thing I worry about when staying at a hotel is what kind of sleep I will be getting,

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pedro P
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Hello Pedro and thank you for your review of our hotel. A great night's sleep is so important for our busy travelers. The hotel recently installed brand new mattresses in each suite. Our breakfast is also a great way to wake up and start your day. Please come back and visit again.

Monterey, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Room and facility were clean and comfortable. The staff provided excellent customer sevice. Our television volume was working and someone came to fix it within five minutes. Breakfast was excetionally good. In a safe neighborhood. Valet parking in an enclosed underground garage made me feel like my car was safe.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. Our staff is here to ensure a satisfying experience for all of our guests. We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Sun City West, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I'm tired of going to a hotel that charges higher prices for their rooms, then add an Internet fee between $9.95 and $15.00. To me this is an outdated mode of charging guests especially when the lowest of low hotels give this service without charge. I will never stay at another Hilton property that doesn't provide free Internet.

As a business traveler, I need to use the Internet all the time.. It's simply inconvenient and not worth what is being charged.

Room Tip: The rooms are all OK...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ralph L
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that Internet cost was of concern; we strive to personalize each guest's experience and keep costs affordable in doing so. I understand how important Internet access is, especially to those traveling for business. Your feedback will help us to improve our provided amenities as we are always looking for ways we can ensure all guests have an exceptional stay. Thank you for your feedback.

Arizona
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I travel frequently, at least twice a month, to CA on business. I am a Gold HHonors member and a Silver Marriott member. By far, this is the worst stay in the last one year.

I had asked for a quiet room away from elevator and escalator. I got a room away from both. What I did not realize was that my room was just next to BaRT train tracks. I could hear the BaRT, motorcycles and cars going on the street all through that night. I tried calling the front desk to switch me to a different room. The phone in the bedroom was not working. I somehow managed to sleep a few hours only to be woken up at 6:30 AM by a large truck that pulled right into the facility and its motor was running for the next hour. I verified again the morning that the phone in the bed room was dead. To top it the there was no running hot water after 8:30 PM.

Next morning, I used the iron in the room to fix my business outfit before leaving for the day. The iron in the room was so crusted with calcium that it left strips of white marks on my nice sateen gray shirt that I could not remove. It was an embarrassment having to explain why I was wearing dirty shirt during business meetings with my clients throughout the day.

I complained this to the front desk before leaving. I am yet to hear back from the hotel manager.

On the good side, they have very good breakfast.

Room Tip: Do not pick executive type rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank contactbg
We appreciate your feedback of your stay with us and are very sorry you had a disappointing stay. We understand how important a good night's rest is while traveling on business and apologize noise from a nearby train and shipping truck compromised your sleep. We will be replacing the phone in your guest room to ensure this is not an issue in the future as we know you couldn't not contact the front desk. We appreciate that although this was a difficult stay, you took time to mention our wonderful breakfast. Someone will be contacting you shortly to address the issue of your shirt that was ruined during your stay. We appreciate your feedback - thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!