“Great for business!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great for business!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is my second time at the hotel. The service and location are all great. Some parts of it seem a little dated but everything is comfortable and well kept. I am sure this hotel will be updated in a timely manner.

• Stayed January 2013
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are the perfect fit for business travelers as we are centrally located to many office buildings nearby. We hope to have you stay at Embassy Suites Walnut Creek again in the near future!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It started when we arrived early (1pm), our room wasn't ready - no problem we went and got something to eat and came back at 3:30 (check in is 3pm). Our room still wasn't ready! You'd think if they knew we were waiting, they'd make sure our room got done in time, even if they were running behind.
Rooms were poorly designed, only one hook to hang anything in the bathroom, bedroom was freezing while living room was a sauna, and the view (and noise) of the BART was fun for our toddler until she was trying to sleep.
We got the suite because we wanted the extra room, but all suites are on the BART side of the hotel.
We won't be staying here again. There are plenty of other options in the Walnut Creek area that are similarly priced.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank OnTime13
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and we are very sorry you had a disappointing stay. We understand how important a good night's rest is while traveling on business and apologize the noise from the BART train compromised your sleep. It sounds like you were in one of our Executive Suites; seven of those suites face the east side of the building, and you can experience noise from the BART train in those rooms. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you give us another chance. Feel free to reach out to me directly on your next stay so we can arrange accommodations in another area of the hotel.

Oceanside, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was the third time my wife and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Walnut creek and contrary to previous reviews have found this facility clean and friendly.I am not a fan of the valet parking but the price is not over the top and the wheels were always on when I got my car. The service folks at the morning breakfast went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure tables and dirty dishes were picked as soon as they were done. The food and variety of breakfast foods was the best I have seen at Embassy Suites, and I travel about 100 days a year, so I do have a chance to compare like facilities. The people working the front desk were always helpful and the biggest and best thing about the location of this Embassy Suites is that there is a BEVMo within walking distance. Never stay at a hotel that is not near a source of liquid energy. There is also plenty of fine dining along with causal dining in the local area. I used the business center to check e-mail and had no problems with the computers(2) that they have in the center. Bottom line is if you want a Hotel that is traveler friendly - has free drinks-a excellent breakfast variety and excellent location to BART and local eateries this your place!! I speak from experience and the guy/Tod M that had rental car problems from the valets--Get insurance and all that detective work can go away.

1 Thank ted b
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello Ted and thank you for the wonderful review of the Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your holiday stay. Our local restaurant scene, ease of catching a BART train to San Francisco and our amazing Manager's Reception and cooked to order breakfast set us apart from the other hotels in the area. Not only is BEVMO within walking distance, there is a Walgreens, IHop and Starbucks all in the same center. We hope to see you for a 4th time in the coming year!

San Jose, California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

When it comes to the Hilton Family of hotels, Embassy Suites is usually a favorite of mine. This location has some work to do to earn my business in the future. The location is somewhat convenient if you want to use BART to get around; however, you have to go around the block each time you wish to enter the driveway to get to their mandatory valet parking at $8/day. (At least it's not $25/day like the South Lake Tahoe Embassy Suites!) Upon arrival, check-in was very pleasant and efficient. The room was not very clean -- spider webs here in there -- telling me that dusting was not a priority. A bathroom vanity light was burned out. (How does housekeeping miss that one?) The bedroom door was broken as if someone tried to kick it down. The latch would have broken if I had tried to close the door shut; hence, no privacy. Upon check out, we called down for a bell captain. After a 20 minute wait, we gave up and made two trips down the elevator ourselves. We couldn't hit the road quick enough!

Room Tip: Although the BART tracks were right next to our 4th floor window, there was no problem with noise wh...
1 Thank sharks90
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We take our guests' concerns very seriously and have addressed your review with the proper departments. Our overnight Valet parking is $16.00 per night. You received a discounted rate of $8.00 based on your affiliation with a company or group staying with us. In an effort to correct some of these specific issues you experienced would you be so kind as to contact us at sfoph_ds@hilton.com so we can get more detail regarding the dates of the stay and the room number in which you were accomodated.

Cordially,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in Walnut Creek and the first night there the valet damaged our brand new rental car (7000 miles). We were booked for a week and the manager dragged this feet doing his "investigation" which he said he would not show me the report for unless I got a court order (1st red flag). I and my traveling companion virtually drove from the airport to the hotel and gave the MANDATORY valet the pristine condition car to park. The next morning they bring the car up and there are deep red and black scratches down the complete side of the passenger's side white plastic rocker panel. One of the the morning shift valets even remarked about the very noticeable scratches and gouges. My travelling companion (witness) verified to the manager (who communicates as a person that has middle east background) that the car was fine when we gave it to the valet. The manager says he does not have anything on his property to make such colors and I point to the panted red & black curb that is in the valet area (red flag #2). Then he says they do not have anything in the parking garage to make these scratches and the next morning I went down to look at parking garage and there are many of the same curbs painted red & black. (red flag #3). Two days pass and the manager still has not told me if he would pay for the damage so I call him and he said they would pay for it and that they would get in contact with Fox rental and take care of it. If he would not have committed to pay for the damage I WOULD HAVE CHECKED OUT OF THE HOTEL. So while staying at the hotel they covered up the red marks and black marks with cheap white paint. They also go it on the steering wheel (red flag #4). When I took the car back to the airport and Fox rental never heard anything from Embassy Suites in Walnut Creek (red flag #5). I told them that Embassy Suites is going to take care of it. Thinking that all is well, 2 months later I am being hounded by a collection agency (red flag # 6). Then the manager says he has to send his report to the corporate head quarters which turns out to be the ASHFORD HOSPITALITY TRUST. I get a letter from them and they say they can't pay due to the report. I advise them via e-mail of the damage and that we have a witness to prove we did not do it and never here back from them (red flag #7). Then in December of 2012 I am again hounded by the collection agency. Now the manager says they will not be responsible and that he never said that he would pay for the damages (red flag #8).

Also, don't go to the hot tub, it had a brown residue around it and it the temperature was cold because the thermostat would was broken.

I am a seasoned traveler, I have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the country, I have millions of air miles under my belt, and have travel to many places around the world, I have never been jerked around like I have here. DON'T STAY AT THIS PLACE.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Todd M
Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our valet and management staff during your stay. We aim to work hard to resolve all issues with guests in a timely and polite manner and regret if you did not receive this service. A representative will be in contact with you to further work through this. Thank you again for your feedback.

Orange County, CA
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My kids and I chose this property for the location and proximity to the BART station. We were in the Bay area to attend a family Christmas party, and arrived a day early to spend a day in San Francisco. Being a former business traveler, I have learned that the name on the property is only as good as the people running it. This is a very well run hotel. The staff is knowledgeable and service oriented, the rooms were extremely clean, and the breakfast offerings were the finest I have experienced at any Embassy Suites. I give the property 4 stars because it is showing some age and wear. Highly recommend for business travelers or anyone wanting a base to commute to San Francisco without paying a premium room rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel! Our staff is dedicated to serving our customers with the utmost guest service possible. We do cater to many business travelers and enjoy having our guests who are visiting over the holidays join us too! We are kid friendly! BART is the way to go when enjoying a day in San Francisco or to attend any of the many events at the Oakland Coliseum and Oracle Arena. Please come back and visit any time!

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Joined my husband on his business trip and toured San Francisco while he worked. BART is right across the street, so it was an easy trip from the San Francisco airport - didn't even have to transfer! Love that the rooms all opened into the atrium. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great - great variety, even without the "cooked to order" counter. Room was large and very clean - will be looking at Embassy Suites when we travel from now on!

Room Tip: We slept on the BART side and it was quick to get used to the noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank donfanone
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We have so many guests that are amazed at the wonderful variety and quality of our breakfast items. One of the best ways to get to and from both Oakland and San Francisco airports is the BART train which is steps away from the hotel. Our atrium and koi pond are very popular places to relax. Next time you visit perhaps your husband can join you on your sightseeing trips!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!