“Holidays in Walnut Creek”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oceanside, California
“Holidays in Walnut Creek”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was the third time my wife and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Walnut creek and contrary to previous reviews have found this facility clean and friendly.I am not a fan of the valet parking but the price is not over the top and the wheels were always on when I got my car. The service folks at the morning breakfast went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure tables and dirty dishes were picked as soon as they were done. The food and variety of breakfast foods was the best I have seen at Embassy Suites, and I travel about 100 days a year, so I do have a chance to compare like facilities. The people working the front desk were always helpful and the biggest and best thing about the location of this Embassy Suites is that there is a BEVMo within walking distance. Never stay at a hotel that is not near a source of liquid energy. There is also plenty of fine dining along with causal dining in the local area. I used the business center to check e-mail and had no problems with the computers(2) that they have in the center. Bottom line is if you want a Hotel that is traveler friendly - has free drinks-a excellent breakfast variety and excellent location to BART and local eateries this your place!! I speak from experience and the guy/Tod M that had rental car problems from the valets--Get insurance and all that detective work can go away.

1 Thank ted b
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello Ted and thank you for the wonderful review of the Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your holiday stay. Our local restaurant scene, ease of catching a BART train to San Francisco and our amazing Manager's Reception and cooked to order breakfast set us apart from the other hotels in the area. Not only is BEVMO within walking distance, there is a Walgreens, IHop and Starbucks all in the same center. We hope to see you for a 4th time in the coming year!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

When it comes to the Hilton Family of hotels, Embassy Suites is usually a favorite of mine. This location has some work to do to earn my business in the future. The location is somewhat convenient if you want to use BART to get around; however, you have to go around the block each time you wish to enter the driveway to get to their mandatory valet parking at $8/day. (At least it's not $25/day like the South Lake Tahoe Embassy Suites!) Upon arrival, check-in was very pleasant and efficient. The room was not very clean -- spider webs here in there -- telling me that dusting was not a priority. A bathroom vanity light was burned out. (How does housekeeping miss that one?) The bedroom door was broken as if someone tried to kick it down. The latch would have broken if I had tried to close the door shut; hence, no privacy. Upon check out, we called down for a bell captain. After a 20 minute wait, we gave up and made two trips down the elevator ourselves. We couldn't hit the road quick enough!

Room Tip: Although the BART tracks were right next to our 4th floor window, there was no problem with noise wh...
1 Thank sharks90
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We take our guests' concerns very seriously and have addressed your review with the proper departments. Our overnight Valet parking is $16.00 per night. You received a discounted rate of $8.00 based on your affiliation with a company or group staying with us. In an effort to correct some of these specific issues you experienced would you be so kind as to contact us at sfoph_ds@hilton.com so we can get more detail regarding the dates of the stay and the room number in which you were accomodated.

Cordially,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in Walnut Creek and the first night there the valet damaged our brand new rental car (7000 miles). We were booked for a week and the manager dragged this feet doing his "investigation" which he said he would not show me the report for unless I got a court order (1st red flag). I and my traveling companion virtually drove from the airport to the hotel and gave the MANDATORY valet the pristine condition car to park. The next morning they bring the car up and there are deep red and black scratches down the complete side of the passenger's side white plastic rocker panel. One of the the morning shift valets even remarked about the very noticeable scratches and gouges. My travelling companion (witness) verified to the manager (who communicates as a person that has middle east background) that the car was fine when we gave it to the valet. The manager says he does not have anything on his property to make such colors and I point to the panted red & black curb that is in the valet area (red flag #2). Then he says they do not have anything in the parking garage to make these scratches and the next morning I went down to look at parking garage and there are many of the same curbs painted red & black. (red flag #3). Two days pass and the manager still has not told me if he would pay for the damage so I call him and he said they would pay for it and that they would get in contact with Fox rental and take care of it. If he would not have committed to pay for the damage I WOULD HAVE CHECKED OUT OF THE HOTEL. So while staying at the hotel they covered up the red marks and black marks with cheap white paint. They also go it on the steering wheel (red flag #4). When I took the car back to the airport and Fox rental never heard anything from Embassy Suites in Walnut Creek (red flag #5). I told them that Embassy Suites is going to take care of it. Thinking that all is well, 2 months later I am being hounded by a collection agency (red flag # 6). Then the manager says he has to send his report to the corporate head quarters which turns out to be the ASHFORD HOSPITALITY TRUST. I get a letter from them and they say they can't pay due to the report. I advise them via e-mail of the damage and that we have a witness to prove we did not do it and never here back from them (red flag #7). Then in December of 2012 I am again hounded by the collection agency. Now the manager says they will not be responsible and that he never said that he would pay for the damages (red flag #8).

Also, don't go to the hot tub, it had a brown residue around it and it the temperature was cold because the thermostat would was broken.

I am a seasoned traveler, I have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the country, I have millions of air miles under my belt, and have travel to many places around the world, I have never been jerked around like I have here. DON'T STAY AT THIS PLACE.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Todd M
Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our valet and management staff during your stay. We aim to work hard to resolve all issues with guests in a timely and polite manner and regret if you did not receive this service. A representative will be in contact with you to further work through this. Thank you again for your feedback.

Orange County, CA
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My kids and I chose this property for the location and proximity to the BART station. We were in the Bay area to attend a family Christmas party, and arrived a day early to spend a day in San Francisco. Being a former business traveler, I have learned that the name on the property is only as good as the people running it. This is a very well run hotel. The staff is knowledgeable and service oriented, the rooms were extremely clean, and the breakfast offerings were the finest I have experienced at any Embassy Suites. I give the property 4 stars because it is showing some age and wear. Highly recommend for business travelers or anyone wanting a base to commute to San Francisco without paying a premium room rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel! Our staff is dedicated to serving our customers with the utmost guest service possible. We do cater to many business travelers and enjoy having our guests who are visiting over the holidays join us too! We are kid friendly! BART is the way to go when enjoying a day in San Francisco or to attend any of the many events at the Oakland Coliseum and Oracle Arena. Please come back and visit any time!

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Joined my husband on his business trip and toured San Francisco while he worked. BART is right across the street, so it was an easy trip from the San Francisco airport - didn't even have to transfer! Love that the rooms all opened into the atrium. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great - great variety, even without the "cooked to order" counter. Room was large and very clean - will be looking at Embassy Suites when we travel from now on!

Room Tip: We slept on the BART side and it was quick to get used to the noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank donfanone
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We have so many guests that are amazed at the wonderful variety and quality of our breakfast items. One of the best ways to get to and from both Oakland and San Francisco airports is the BART train which is steps away from the hotel. Our atrium and koi pond are very popular places to relax. Next time you visit perhaps your husband can join you on your sightseeing trips!

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in September during a road trip from Oregon. We chose Walnut Creek area from advice from a local. Our plan was to park the car and use BART to access downtown San Fransisco, a Giants game and a Raiders game. Their advice was to stay outside of downtown and take the BART. This was great advice. We paid about half of what we would have paid downtown and the quality of the Embassy in Walnut Creek was great. The BART station is right across the street. The BART rides to downtown and games were about 30 minutes and $10ish. We also walked to downtown Walnut Creek which was a neat little area.

The Embassy itself was very clean and comfortable ( as usual). The breakfast staff was very attentive and seemed to have great pride of the dining area. Very clean!

We'll stay here again if we get back to the area.

Room Tip: Leave your car and take BART everywhere!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaureenMatt
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor! Road trips are fun and we are delighted you made time to stay with us. BART is a terrific, convenient and stress-free way to travel to San Francisco and Oakland for games and you can't beat the price of a ticket. Our downtown has been compared to Rodeo Drive in terms of the variety of stores and restaurants to choose from. Come back and visit us soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Overall I think this is a great hotel. They offer lots of complimentary extras that you don't get at other hotels. For me the location is perfect because it's right across the courtyard from the office I would work in. And their complimentary shuttle will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius and pick you up - that alone is a treasure! All the staff was all very friendly, greeting me with a smile and a hello anytime I passed them. Conveniently located right across the street from the BART station. And their complimentary breakfast and happy hour was great as well. I was very pleased with the Walnut Creek Embassy Suites and would not hesitate to recommend it or stay there again!

Room Tip: Better to have a room away from the BART tracks. It didn't keep me up at night, but I was aware...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tracy G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Lori - thank you so much for the great review on TripAdvisor. We are centrally located to many business offices in the area and it is a perfect place for our busy business travelers. After a fulfilling breakfast, our travelers are ready to start their day! The BART train is a convenience that many of our guests enjoy and as you suggested, please ask for a room away from the train if you are a light sleeper. We welcome you back any time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!