“WATCH OUT FOR VALET”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am a tried and true Hilton girl, but after staying here, I will be changing my tune. BE VERY CAUTIOUS about valet and inspect your car before you drop it off and inspect before you drive off the lot. They damage your car and don't have enough integrity to own up to it. I spend thousands of dollars a year at Hilton brand and they don't even have enough decency to own up to their mistakes and fix the damage they caused. You are forced to use valet, since there are no real other options for parking, but you assume all risks. They can damage your car at will and if you drive off the property, all bets are off. I will never stay at this hotel again. Also, don;t book a rewards stay here, they treat you like a second class citizen. They couldn't find my reservation until I told them I was a rewards stay. I would hope that all customers are the same, but you could hear the birds chirping in the receptionists head when I told her my name.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LeslieLehiutah
Mifroze, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I would like to thank you so very kindly for providing us with a review in regards to your experience. Here at the Embassy Suites Walnut Creek we give high praise to our guest's feedback and reviews. I extend to you my most sincerest apologies for the challenges that you had encountered with our Valet Services and our Reception Staff. I have relayed your comments to our staff members and would like for you to know that we are committed to improving. Thank you again for choosing to stay with the Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. We are looking forward to cherishing your next improved visit with us. May I please invite you to contact me directly if I may be of any further assistance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for several days and while we were there it was great. However, I accidentally left one of my bags there when we checked out. They did not contact me stating I had done so, like other hotels have done. Once I figured out my bag was missing I contacted the staff and they found my bag and said they would FedEx it to me. After two days I called back and they said they could not account for my bag but it wasn't shipped out yet. The next day they found my bag and shipped it out. When u received my bag I noticed my wallet was gone w everything in it except my credit card and albertsons card. I had three gift cards totaling $300 from toys r us that we're missing along w baby bottles for my infant son. Someone on their staff steals from customers and if that wasn't bad enough... They steal from children! I understand it's my fault I left my bag, but to have the only things stolen obviously for children makes my stomach sick! They should really take a look at the type of employees they hire!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank ResaM
Tracy409, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. Please reach out to me directly with your HHonors or confirmation number so that we may further assist you. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced, I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this Embassy Suites. We usually look for them when on vacation. Our room was very nice, neat and clean. I liked the extra sink in the bedroom as well. The breakfast was excellent everyday of our stay (6 nights). These were the quietest Embassy Suites breakfasts we have ever seen. The hotel seemed to cater to a corporate crowd (at least during the bulk of the week) and with few kids around, it wasn't hectic at all. The staff at breakfast was nothing short of terrific. Tables were cleaned instantly, so there was never a wait for a table. Everyone did an outstanding job. One of the managers (I believe her name was Victoria) was nothing short of incredible. She was everywhere and made sure everything flowed perfectly. Hats off to her on a job well done. I had a room on the back of the hotel, away from the BART, so I never heard a thing in my room. One of the few complaints that I could make is that one of the three elevators in the hotel was out of service for much of my stay, but it didn't become much of a problem for us. My only real negative issue with this hotel was the valet parking. It reminded me of the reasons why I usually shy away from staying at hotels with valet parking. At times, the service was adequate, but we had our fair share of waiting. And then there is the whole tipping question. We would go in and out numerous times each day. Do I have to tip these folks each and every time they retrieve my rental? It got old fast. If I returned to this area (Walnut Creek turned out to be a really great spot) in the future, I do not know if I would stay in this Embassy Suites, due to the valet parking. That's too bad, since everything else there was quite pleasant.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the BART.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chinaglia
Tracy409, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed the amenities the hotel provides and we are very proud to have a Lobby Ambassador such as Victoria. We are sorry your experience with Valet parking was less than satisfactory but we hope that doesn't stop you from visiting us again.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

When we travel we always look at staying at Embassy Suites whenever possible.We stayed here for our anniversary. Nice room, comfortable bed. Great shopping and restaurants. Even though it was located by BART...never heard it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed your visit. Walnut Creek is renowned for its fine dining, variety of activities and great shopping. Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I needed to have a private meeting with a colleague, away from work premises, the room was perfect. Separate sleeping area and a big table work on. We needed a big monitor so we hooked up my laptop to the tv and life was good. The free breakfast was at levels of other free breakfasts except..the coffee is better and there is made to order omelettes. 5:30pm-7:30pm free open bar. As for the complaints of the BART noise, I heard it, and if you are sensitive to sound ensure your room is away from the BART, the noise did not bother me but could bother others if you need silence. Although you would not know it as a foreigner to the area, there are tons of decent restaurants within walking distance,15minutes or $5 cab ride. The restaurant in the hotel was overpriced and not very good, we had lunch, would not eat there again. Other problem $9.95/day for internet unless you are a gold HH member. Puleeze, is it really that important, even Fairmont has dropped the charge for the internet for their members.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the BART tracks
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The negative review isn't about the quality of the hotel. It's about the location. Many of the rooms are right next to a BART station and you can hear the trains very clearly. They should provide a steep discount if someone is put in one of those rooms. nearly half the rooms face the BART rail line.

Room: The rooms were nice as to be expected and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Book a room on the north or west side. East and south will put you on top of the tracks.
2  Thank whoop1995
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is the nicest Embassy I have stayed at. One block off the highway. They have a very friendly staff there is a beautiful lobby. The broom rate was a little high, but overall very nice.There was no spa. I can not remove rating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Tracy409, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your nice review about our hotel. We pride ourselves on our great staff and beautiful Atrium. We welcome you back on your next stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!