“Perfect stay!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much. The atrium feel was really nice and relaxing and had a lot of places to sit and enjoy the surroundings. The beds were very comfortable, and we didn't hear the BART train which ran close to the hotel (good for those who would like to venture into San Francisco!) Every staff member was pleasant and helpful. The front desk staff was always attentive, and the food in the restaurant was excellent and the waitstaff excellent. We also enjoyed the breakfast. We asked housekeeping if they could clean our room early since we were getting ready to attend a wedding, and within 10 minutes, they were there cleaning the room. You have no complaints from us; excellent stay and excellent staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. We are very glad you found everything to your satisfaction.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I don't know whether all Embassy Suites have sunk so low, or is it only this one. The room we were given is dark, stuffed with furniture and an unpleasant experience. For this price, there should be a tub. Maybe the could even a window that is not so darkly draped in so much dark window covering that very little light enters. The breakfast is terrible. I can't tell what the omelette is made of, but I doubt it has anything to do with hens. I am certain no real egg is included in the concoction. We went to one breakfast and then avoided it after that. There is a Starbucks within an easy walk,but nothing else. Of the 3 elevators,which would already be too few for this building, one was broken during our four days. The dirty dishes left by our neighboring room was only removed, after many hours,and only after several calls. Again, after several hours. Parking is by valet only,and again with long waits. I would not stay here again. This is an inferior place. Its cost could not be justified even if it were not as bad as it is.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingman47
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. We regret your experience was not a positive one. Thank you for your constructive comments. They will be shared with the appropriate departments.

Hope to see you again in the future so you can have the experience you deserve.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Room fine, breakfast a major disappointment -- the latter -- I got what I paid for. Majority of staff pleasant & helpful until we had to deal w/the manager! We had paid for 3 nights in advance through AAA. Upon departure we received a bill for $90 less than what we paid. Manager stated we had received the wrong bill tho it had my name & our room #. He refused to discuss it.

I cannot recommend this facility -- there is no excuse for incorrect billing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PSJcal
Tracy409, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

I'm sorry to hear you were incorrectly billed for your stay. Please e-mail me directly at sfoph_ds@hilton.com if this has not yet been rectified for you. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The ES stay was a great stay, prior to our stay in downtown San Francisco. When we planned a trip to SF, we didn't consider hotel prices. There must have been something going on in SF for the 2 nights of our trip as the hotel prices were nearly 3 times the price of what we got the hotel for later in the week. That being said, I did some research and what I learned is SF and the Bay area have a fantastic train system that goes right from the airport, into dt SF and then depending on what train you take you can venture out into many cities surrounding SF bay and further.

I found several hotel options in the Hilton family of hotels that were on or near the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) system. But only ES Walnut Creek was actually at a BART stop. The ES wasn't necessarily the best price, the convenience of the BART and the nice neigbourhood helped us settle on this stop.

The hotel is gorgeous and has wonderful furnishings and fixtures. The only thing that really calls out its age are the door frames. Right from the front door, where we had a person open the door and greet us, to the happy associate at the front desk the service is something to be proud of. This is true from the room attendant to the breakfast team. They were all so nice, that when it comes to the younger ones in the eve at the entrance who aren't as peppy, its very noticeable.

Although on a low floor AND at eye level with the BART trains, the room was great with its 2 tvs, fridge., micro, great bed, etc. Although this is prob the first time in a long time where I've been in a hotel with no in room safes.

The free breakfast was great, so many of the usual options, but also a yogurt station with the cups and additions to make your own yougurt parfait. The attnedants here were fantastic.

Also, one thing that always irks me when it comes Hilton properties that aren't Hilton, or Doubletree branded, is that the hotels are hit and miss for just bending the rules and going over and above and making an effort to upgrade their elite members. Although I was welcomed and thanked for being gold, I was put in prob one of the most negatively talked about rooms on Tripadvisor (low floor facing the BART train). To upgrade their elites is such tremendous free advertising. But, as stated, I understand this is not a benefit of gold at ES, but really 3rd floor facing a train?

As stated, the neighbourhood is great, just take the BART one stop to Walnut Creek exit and have a Target across the street. From the WC stop you can get a free shuttle to the Broadway plaza, which is a mix of high end (neimen marcus) and mid range stores (gap) stores and many eating options.
We chose to take a cab back from the Broadway Plaza area and it was only $11.

I will return if I ever find myself in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jrs101
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

We would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your stay at Embassy Suites Walnut Creek.

We appreciate how much thought went behind this and are very glad we were able to inspire you.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel is very nice, very spacious, and offers a great complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites Walnut Creek.

Hope to see you both very soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

KUDO'S to the General Manager ALi, an his Staff. They made Me feel at home. I highly Recommend you stay there an meet Mr Ali an his staff. An Thank you Mr boris for all the work you did, keep up the Good Work. An I will be back....MR. BAILEY.

• Stayed: July 2012
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Walnut Creek. It was our pleasure to serve you and we appreciate the kind comments.

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel is close to the BART so it makes a good choice for those that are not planning to rent a car. The staff is prompt and helpful. The rooms are a bit hit or miss...I've stayed here several times. Some rooms are loud being so close to the BART. Other rooms get the cooking smell in the mornings. Then you have the rooms that are just right. One thing about this hotel is that they allow smoking in some rooms. That's a big drawback for me. The reason I do stay here is the convenience. I will other hotels a try when I travel here again. The breakfast is another big plus.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sol H
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit to Embassy Suites Walnut Creek.. Also thank you for the recognition of our staff as "prompt and helpful". We do have rooms that are designated as smoking rooms because we are required by the Embassy Brand to do so. Also, glad you like our breakfast which other hotels in the area don't offer.

Hope to see you back with us soon.

Thank you.

HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!