“Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We went to an office party in Walnut Creek and found this hotel online. The check-in process was quick. Hubby was able to find parking in front so we didn't use the garage. Used taxis to/from the party so didn't lose spot.

Room was nice. Loved the king-sized bed although it was a bit high. Water pressure in shower was a bit lacking. Didn't like that the heater didn't have a thermostat so it was either on or off and if you left it on too long, the room got too warm.

Breakfast was good. Liked the choices available.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Tlkittycat:
Thank you for honoring our hotel with your the pleasure of your visit. I also want to thank you for your kind review, sorry about the little noise from the heating unit. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new beds, our hot breakfast and the friendly service. We hope next time in Walnut Creek you visit us again. Thanks again and I wish you Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel is a bit of distance from some of the more interesting aspects of Walnut Creek, but walking distance to the Bart station. The shuttle driver was awesome. There is no shuttle on the weekends and it ends early on the weekdays. Across the street from the hotel there is a trail that will take you all the way to the outdoor kind of upscale shopping center. I think it was called the Broadway Plaza. The biggest drawback about the hotel was the breakfast! Getting a taxi was funny because if you called ahead of time they were often late or did not come until calling trying to find out where they were! However if you just planned a bit of extra time and called a taxi when needed they came quickly. The longest I waited was about ten minutes.

• Stayed: November 2013
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Kialin:
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your review. We appreciate your business and taking the time to provide us with such a nice review. thank you for pointing out our fabulous shuttle driver 'Mike", isn't he wonderful. We try to provide excellent service to all of our guests and we love to hear always about good results. Thanks again and we hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Courteous staff. We use this hotel for business travel in the area. Our employees are made comfortable and are repeat customers. The hotel is convenient to the places we needed to be working and the pricing very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christine F
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Christine F:
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide with a nice review about your recent experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you back sometime soon. Thanks again

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had been traveling throughout Central and Northern California for more than a week, staying with friends in private homes along the way, so I welcomed the break to stay in my own private room for my only one night stay in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek was a perfect choice. The front desk staff was professional, courteous and very helpful. My 2nd floor room was perfect. Everything - - ice, vending machines, great pizza delivered to my room on time, fitness center, TV, free Wi-Fi, late afternoon cookies in the lobby, and especially the complimentary breakfast - - could not have been better. Whenever I return to the East Bay - - business or pleasure - - I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek.

David Brudney

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear David B:
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your kind comments abour your recent experience. We appreciate the time to provided us with such a positive 5 star review. We hope you visit us again next time in Walnut Creek. Thanks!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

When I arrived I found out my company booked my reservation stay 1 night off from what it should have been. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for Silvia at the front desk going out of her way to help straighten it all out for me. She was extremely helpful! I noticed she was working the front desk alone, and even when it became busy with other guests checking in, she was still working on my situation while helping them. Wonderful customer service! This was my first stay here, but it is now my new favorite hotel when I travel for business!

• Stayed: November 2013
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Mauimermaid5:
Thank you for staying with us and for your 5 star review about your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that Silvia provided you with superior service. We look forward to your next visit to Walnut Creek. Thanks

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Closer to Napa than other choices - this hotel is actually around some industrial - car parts - 7-eleven. But if you go on the other side of the freeway - you have a different world. So get there in the day time - and explore the shopping locally. If you arrive by night like I did - I was a bit intimidated at the area from the freeway to this location. Not bad- scary. Just wasn't what I expected for the reputation. Room was great. Many pillows which I appreciate. I suggest not getting a room on the street side as traffic was busy on a Friday night and I heard motorcycles a few times. So - not bad - not a 5 star - but was a good place. Breakfast was good too.

Room Tip: Not on the street side if you can avoid it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear KerryZ35:
Thank you so much for stying with us and for your kind review about your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. We appreciate your business and your feedback, without both we will not be in business. Thanks again for the remarks about our hotel and we hope you visit us again sometime soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay. It was within walking distance of of everything that you would need. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Your wish is their command. I asked for directions to the Bart, and was immediately advised that they had someone who would drive us over there. Our room was clean and comfortable. We stayed for six nights; the purpose to visit our son who lived in the area. We will definitely stay here again if we have the opportunity to visit. Also, the breakfast was great (especially the cinnamon rolls)!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Cynthia G:
Thanks you for your 5 star review and for staying at our hotel. We really appreciate the time provided to write a nice review about your recent experience at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
#1 of 8 in Concord
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!