“Great customer service”

Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The customer service was prompt and courteous at this Holiday Inn location. The front desk personel were friendly and helpful when I called to speak with someone about my reservation. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express when you visit Walnut Creek, and I will definitely book here again the next time I am visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I looked forward to our stay at the Holiday Inn in Walnut Creek but unfortunately he fell ill and had to be hospitalized immediately. I had to cancel our visit to the Bay area at the last minute and was very fortunate that Luis of Holiday Inn was very understanding and promised to take care of us with a full refund of our deposit. This is one of the reasons why my family as well as other members of my family have always returned to stay at this Holiday Inn because of the customer service. We are planning to stay at the Holiday Inn once my husband is back on his feet. Thank you Luis.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Convenient location in Walnut Creek, California, crisp and clean rooms provide a nice oasis when traveling on business. I'm 6'1" and the room and bathroom was big enough for me. Breakfast bar is better than average and has a "trippy" pancake maker.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Hotel Guest, thank you for choosing our hotel and for your candid feedback! We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Whenever I visit my family in Walnut Creek CA, I stay at the Holiday Inn. Clean, comfortable and well run, this is a very good value-for-money place to stay near downtown Walnut Creek. And exceptional assistance merits recognition: Donna M. at the frontdesk is a gem. She takes professional pride in making sure all guests are cheerfully welcomed and provided the best room/price and package of services available in the East Bay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Tinker Chance;
Thank you so much for staying with us and for give us such a nice review. We really appreciate that and we are glad that you were pleased with Donna, we will share your comments with the entire staff. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

First of all, Walnut Creek is centrally located. It is not far from Oakland and Berkeley (25 minutes), and is a good jumping off point for the Napa valley. This hotel is a bargain. For $125 a night, I stayed in a place worth twice that. The rooms are large and very comfortable---I would suggest a courtyard-facing room. There is a very nice pool and garden area, an a small but good fitness room. Our room had a fridge and microwave, and there was free wifi, which worked fine. There are also two computers in the lobby for use. Parking is mostly in a covered area, and there are elevators that go from the parking area to the rooms. The free buffet breakfast was unusually good for a hotel in this price range. There was an automatic pancake maker, eggs, bacon, and a large assortment of the usual breakfast foods. The front office staff was knowledgeable and efficient. if you are dating in the East Bay Area, it is hard to imagine doing better than this.

Room Tip: Courtyard room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear nippnsc:
We are thrilled that you had a good experience at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. We hpe to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn and this is the first one were I paid more for a courtyard view that had not view and the room was so small that I could touch each wall in the bathroom. You had to make sure that when getting out of the tub you did not trip over the toilet because there was no space between the two and it is time to replace the mattresses there was no support

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room that does not face the freeway but is also not on the other side of the...

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for providing us with a review about your experience. We are sorry that your recent stay was not to your complete satisfaction. I wanted to offer my apologies for the inconveniences and also let you know that our hotel will have new mattresses this month. Thanks again for your comments and for choosing our hotel.We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nice location, with easy access to freeway. Rooms were not palacious but clean and well appointed with a comfortable bed, nice flat screen, etc. Complimentary afternoon wine & snacks as well as a hot breakfast. This is a clean, well-run convenient hotel at a fair price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest;
Thank you for your business and for your nice review. I will share your comments with the entire team.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!