“Nice lobby, pool, breakfast with older feeling rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yakima
“Nice lobby, pool, breakfast with older feeling rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I typically stay at another property when in this area but it was sold out and they booked me at this Holiday Inn. It was a busy week and I got the last room and it was at a higher rate ... I understand supply and demand though.

The lobby, pool area and breakfast all feel modern and nice. There was always people milling around the pool area, I wished I had time to go read my book poolside for a bit. Front desk staff was helpful. My room wasn't quite ready upon arrival and they offered me a water bottle. The room was then done quicker than they expected which was nice.

My room felt a tad bit dated, older windows, felt like it needed a pick-me up. It was also a handicap accessible room. I was a little surprised after walking through the lobby that I liked. Wireless worked at acceptable speeds.
Location near highway didn't bother me and I slept soundly. A few different restaurants within walking distance. They have a partnership with the gym next door. Plenty of parking. The breakfast was well maintained and very clean.

I'd stay again, especially if I booked in advance and got a more aggressive rate than what I paid. But I was glad to have a room!

Room Tip: I could see where rooms on the actual highway side could be noisier, the traffic is always moving.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay. We are very pleased to hear that our hotel met your expectations and we look forward to your next visit to the Walnut Creek Area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Camarillo, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Dear Friends, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of excellence at this facility last month.
We had a family event, coming from various parts of the U.S. The front desk staff was warm and responsive, particularly Jairo Cisneros. The room was very clean and the housekeeping staff friendly and accommodating. When we asked for more bedding they brought the quilts almost immediately. the morning breakfast was excellent with a wide selection of food, presented in a friendly and efficient manner. The grounds were lovely and well-kept. Thank you and please pass on our compliments to the staff.

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the staff efforts. We will be sure to inform the staff immediately, especially Jairo.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

In many ways, the hotel is just a good version of your standard Holiday Inn. It is clean, has a nice pool in a lovely shaded area and the service is pleasant. But the best part is what you get for $99.00. This includes free wifi of good quality, free parking in a garage, a newspaper, a real breakfast--I liked the sausage with a biscuit--and a shuttle bus to take you into town. This is normally one of my least favorite chains--but there can always be an exception. I often stay at luxury hotels. For four times the price, I get a bigger towel, and pay for wifi, parking and breakfast in addition.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest,
We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and found our staff to be helpful. We always strive to anticipate our guests' needs,. Additionally, we are happy to hear that you were able to start your day off with our fabulous breakfast! Like you, many of our guests take advantage of our breakfast menu and find it an absolute delight! We want to thank you for taking the time to share your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek in the future!
South Fork, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

All was good at this hotel. An older hotel remodeled nicely, in a contemporary fashion. All the standard amenities expected from this franchise. The location was great in that it is near the middle of Walnut Creek and close to most Walnut Creek business centers. Parking available and a friendly local sports bar across the street. My room there was on the freeway side of the hotel and was very noisy making it a little hard to sleep.

Room Tip: My room faced the freeway. I'm sure rooms on the other side would have been much quieter. They a...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek;
Thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with a positive review. We appreciate that gesture. I would recommend to purchase a room facing the courtyard area for your next visit. There is usually less freeway noise in those rooms. We really appreciate your business and we hope to see you soon.
Concord, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

There was nothing special about this hotel. It was clean, quiet. I had a king bed. The fitted sheet was not fitted well. Once I got into bed the sheet would break away from corner. I would try to tuck it in, but it was useless. By the time I woke in the morning all four corners of the sheet were detached exposing most of the bare mattress.. I had to re-log onto wifi frequently. Front desk was useless.

Room Tip: Bring your own sheets..
1 Thank blucyclone
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
We are sorry your experience was not very satisfactory. we will share your comments with the entire staff for resolution,Thank you so much for your feedback. We take all comments seriously positive or negative for our growth and development and to build relationships with our guests. Hopefully we will see you back at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek.
Benson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very good with many options (bacon/sausage,eggs, gravy,pancakes, cereal, yogurt, etc.); it was available for 2 1/2 hours each morning. Location is on a main street and adjacent to the freeway, but noise was no issue. There is plenty of on-site parking. It is near BART, restaurants and shopping. The lack of a refrigerator and microwave in the room is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5. The price was reasonable, and I will definitely stay there again.

Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for your sharing your experience with the travel community. We really appreciate it. Any Rooms facing the courtyard include a fridge and a microwave.This year we will be adding more features to the rooms not facing the courtyard including new fridges and microwaves. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek soon.
Portland, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

When I booked this trip, I kind of thought I knew what kind of place a Holiday Inn Express would be like...but boy was I surprised by Walnut Creek in California. It surpassed my expectations! Even from entering from the under ground parking lot, they tried to even make that look nice....the lobby is very nice and clean....we were greeted by Margaret, and she was a big help the whole time we were there....she answered all of our questions about the area and the hotel and was always smiling....you could tell she loves what she does, and she is great at it! Next, our room was clean and didn't smell stuffy. I am very picky about cleanliness, and they did a great job keeping this place neat and tidy. Now, for breakfast....Eppie and Janus were wonderful! They were very warm and friendly. They made you feel welcome with a big "good morning". They kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked. The breakfast was above and beyond what I had expected a continental breakfast to be. The pool and hot tub were clean....oh, and the beds and pillows were excellent!!! It was so great being within walking distance to the BART to get into the city in no time, and blocks away from an In and Out Burger didn't hurt either! We loved our stay at the Walnut Creek Holiday Inn Express, and would not hesitate in the very least to go back there again. Thank you so much for helping make our vacation a very memorable one....We will be back.....the Duclos family from Ct

Room Tip: I am glad we got rooms upstairs and away from the elevators.
1 Thank Gingerduke
Dear Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek Guest;
Thank you for your very positive review. We will share your comments with the entire staff, especially Margaret, Janus and Eppie. We hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!